E-mail send not true!??

Discussion in 'General' started by baby_ghost, Jul 8, 2009.

1. baby_ghost

baby_ghost New Member

Hi everybody, I'm using CentOS 5.3 with ISPconfig 2.2.32. Installing progess has not any error and ISPconfig run perfect! But I have a problem in e-mail services, I'm using squirremail webmail and when login webmail to send any e-mail, sender disaplay is not my domain!

I added a site with domain abc.com, and creat an e-mail for it: [email protected]. Then i logged in webmail and send a test e-mail to my gmail, sending successfully, but when I receive e-mail in Gmail, sender is not my domain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's step which I wrong?

2. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

it's saying "@example.com" so i think you rushed through the config files a bit to fast :p

the default config is saying:
    $domain = 'example.com';

so i think there's your problem?

3. baby_ghost

baby_ghost New Member

Before I look at config file, I run this command to add my own hostname
    then
    ok, retry, hix T__T has nothing change :(

Then I looked at my config file
    but I can't found:

4. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

I was referring to your squirrelmail configuration ;)

5. baby_ghost

baby_ghost New Member

Yeah, that's my problem, I modified my squirrelmail configuration and now it sent email with true domain, but user was wrong!?

When creat e-mail user in ispconfig, we have two choice:
    E-mail: [email protected]
    and user: Prefix_user

We use e-mail and password to log in squirrelmail, but when send, it use username to send mail: [email protected] but the true e-mail is: [email protected]

Another problem, I fixed wrong domain error, but now, an error occur from that. I have some sites hosted on my server runing ispconfig. Each site have e-mail with site's domain. But any user from any site using webmail were sent mail with only one domain which define in configuration file! So what should I do? :(

6. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

hehe i understand your problem .. what you _could_ do, is patch the php config file, so it reads the hostname, strips of the "www." part and uses that as $domain = ''; (this will only work if all clients can use: www.client_domain.com/webmail .. so set as alias for all websites, i've put instructions on that here before, it's (it's the same way but then for roundcube webmail): http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?p=197583#post197583 )

i think something like this should work:
    Code:
    preg_match('/.*?\.(.*)/', $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'], $aMatch);
    $domain = $aMatch[1];

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  7. baby_ghost

baby_ghost New Member

Maybe I have to install webmail for each site when creat :(

I have problem seem as thread owner: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?p=197583#post197583

Keep getting 404 error although config alias in httpd

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must set the correct sender address in your email client (e.g. Squirrelmail or Uebimiau).

9. baby_ghost

baby_ghost New Member

Yeah, if I manula config my name, my e-mail in options page of squirrelmail, e-mail was sent with true value, maybe we won't have an automatic system :D Thanks for any response of you :)