Map Domain

Discussion in 'General' started by Warren, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Warren

Warren New Member

Hi All,

I am new to ISP config as someone else in our organization normally deals with our server, however I am having a problem with mapping domains.

[ISPConfig 3.0.1.3]

I have a number of sub-domains which need to be mapped to the master domain.

Something like:
    domain.com -directory structure: /home/blah/domain.com/
    sub.domain.com -directory structure: /home/blah/domain.com/

Here the sub-domain is mapped to the master domain.

I need this for a multi-site component that I want to use on a Joomla! installation, and it is a requirement for it to work...

All advice appreciated..!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. Warren

Warren New Member

Hi,

Ok seems i posted in the wrong forum with this... found more info in the Server Operation forum...

More specifically HERE

cheerzzzz!!!

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just add all domains as subdomains of the website by clicking on add subdomain, entering the subdomain and selecting the site and then clicking on save. Thats all :)

4. Warren

Warren New Member

Hi till,

Excuse my ignorance here, but would that not just create a normal subdomain with its own directory structure (where u have to load up different files for the subdomain site on the server), and not point to the master directory structure and share the same files?

In essence here I want to use the same files in the master (domain) directory for the subdomain.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please do what I told you above, you will see that it works.

6. davew

davew New Member

AliasDomain does what you are asking, it allows you to add any number of domains that point at the same directory structure and level as your target site.

You can use the redirect option to decide if you want the requested domain to be maintained or have the domain auto change to the "master" sites domain.

SubDomain is similar but also allows you to specify a different path.

7. Warren

Warren New Member

The solution to my question here was to create A records