The Perfect Server - CentOS 5.3 - liblzo.so.1

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by muucest, Jul 23, 2009.

1. muucest

muucest New Member

After installing CentOS 5.3 by "the perfect server" tutorial, when i run "yum update" it says:

Missing Dependency: liblzo.so.1()(64bit) is needed by package lzop-1.01-2.el5.rf.x86_64 (installed)
    Error: Missing Dependency: liblzo.so.1()(64bit) is needed by package lzop-1.01-2.el5.rf.x86_64 (installed)

Is this supposed to be like that, should I just ignore it or how could it be fixed?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Which tutorial exactly did you follow (URL)?
    What's the output of
    Code:
    uname -a
    ?

3. muucest

muucest New Member

4. gscott187

gscott187 New Member

I get the same error after 'yum update'

First of all, the team have done an outstanding job with ISPConfig - well done.

I'd be very interested in the solution as I get the same missing dependency message when I run yum update after installing ISPConfig3 on CentOS 5.3 using the Perfect Server installation intructions at HowtoForge.

5. netlon2

netlon2 New Member

I get the same error..

Same guide,

2.6.18-128.2.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jul 14 06:36:37 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

tried 'yum clean all' to no avail.
    Looks like it has dependency on amavisd-new.x86_64 0:2.6.4-2.el5.rf as trying to remove it grabs that package as well.

6. netlon2

netlon2 New Member

my fix..

I'm not sure if this is the 'correct' way to solve the dependency but it works for me. Basically it forces the install of the lzop rpm:

- Grab the lzop RPM:
    Code:
    # wget ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/EPEL/5Client/x86_64/lzop-1.02-0.5.rc1.el5.x86_64.rpm
    - Install the RPM with --nodeps:
    Code:
    # rpm -Uvh --nodeps lzop-1.02-0.5.rc1.el5.x86_64.rpm
    'yum update' should work after that.

---
    Other issues after yum update:

After the yum update, postfix failed with mysql problems... seems that the custom rpm didn't stick. Reinstalled the rpm (--force) from the rpm created in the howto fixed it:
    Code:
    # /etc/init.d/postfix stop
    # rpm -Uvh --force /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/postfix-2.3.3-2.1.x86_64.rpm
    # /etc/init.d/postfix start

There was also conflicts with subversion that made yum update fail. Took the route of problem, remove problem, and removed subversion (not sure why it was needed anyhow):
    Code:
    # yum remove subversion

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  7. gscott187

gscott187 New Member

CentOS - liblzo.so.1

Netlon2,

Looks like you're the expert on yum update and liblzo.so.1 after that discovery :)

I might it a try tomorrow.

8. muucest

muucest New Member

Dumbuser question: how would I do that? :)

9. netlon2

netlon2 New Member

Yeah, sorry about that. Updated the fix post with the steps

10. muucest

muucest New Member

Thanks! :)

Now, yum update returned errors about subversion (i386) and removed it:
    yum remove subversion.i386

--

But after restarting I see in ISPConfig that SMTP-Server does not start any more. I reinstalled "xdelta" (it showd an error too in yum update) and after reinstalling and doing yum update it updated postfix. Do I need to reconfigure something now?

11. netlon2

netlon2 New Member

That might of had something to do with the postfix thing I mentioned. Look at /var/log/maillog to get an idea of the error (tail -f /var/log/maillog) and try and start/restart postfix (/etc/init.d/postfix stop and start). You might have to reinstall the postfix rpm you rolled together in the HOWTO.

Sounds like you got/installed some wonky i386 RPM's.

12. muucest

muucest New Member

tail -f /var/log/maillog:

Code:
    Aug  4 21:41:41 upunkt postfix/master[12343]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
    Aug  4 21:41:55 upunkt postfix/qmgr[12398]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    Aug  4 21:41:56 upunkt postfix/master[12343]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr pid 12398 exit status 1
    Aug  4 21:41:56 upunkt postfix/master[12343]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr: bad command startup -- throttling
    Aug  4 21:42:41 upunkt postfix/smtpd[12435]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    Aug  4 21:42:42 upunkt postfix/master[12343]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 12435 exit status 1
    Aug  4 21:42:42 upunkt postfix/master[12343]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
    Aug  4 21:42:56 upunkt postfix/qmgr[12436]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    Aug  4 21:42:57 upunkt postfix/master[12343]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr pid 12436 exit status 1
    Aug  4 21:42:57 upunkt postfix/master[12343]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr: bad command startup -- throttling

I didn't install anything else than it was said in the tutorials. The subversion & xdelta i386 -s were installed in the beginning I think.

13. netlon2

netlon2 New Member

Did you do the steps I mentioned about --forcing the install of postfix that was rolled together in the HOWTO? I got the same error and fixxed it by doing that.

14. muucest

muucest New Member

I did - and it worked until the restart.
    Maybe the startup links have gone missing.

chkconfig --levels 235 postfix on

15. netlon2

netlon2 New Member

That, and it might need to start /after/ mysql does. I think the HOWTO mentioned how to set the order of that.

16. muucest

muucest New Member

So, now I ran yum update once again, it again updated postfix and it seems to be working OK now.
    My mistake then probably. Thanks for your help!

17. muucest

muucest New Member

Well, the problem is still here :( .

After doing everything by netlon2 -s tutorial it works. But if you run Yum Update it updates postfix to a different version and it stops working again - so I need to redo the second part of his tutorial again.

18. deunan

deunan New Member

Hi everyone..

I believe I found the culprit here after numerous testings..

If you had ISPConfig installed on Centos using The Perfect Server installations, you'll probably have Karanbir Singh's famous Centos Testing Repository as active - kbs-CentOS-Testing

The repository kbs-CentOS-Testing lzo/lzop package is attempting to replace Dag Wieers' also famous RPMFORGE Repository package for lzo/lzop thus causing the dependencies.

Thus, disabling kbs-CentOS-Testing when you update via yum would be the answer..

Code:
    yum update --exclude="postfix" --disablerepo=kbs-CentOS-Testing

19. muucest

muucest New Member

Hey. Why did you use --exclude="postfix" ? Will the update sill mess up postfix?

20. deunan

deunan New Member

Heh..

If you examine back the installation guide for ISPConfig's Perfect Servers, centos postfix packages had to be rebuilt to include support for MySQL.

If you yum update it with the normal binary distributed by centos, you'll break your ISPConfig installation.

Hope that clears the matter.

Regards

Maulvi