Subdomain + newsite = default page& mail = junkbox

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rodiguim, Aug 4, 2009.

1. rodiguim

rodiguim New Member

Hello there,

I've checked as many posts as possible regarding subdomain and new web pages which uses a different directory for the new site.
    So I have added a A-Record for sub.mydomain.com pointing to it's IP address and created a new website also pointing to the same IP but when browsing I get to the default page which is mydomain.com and not to sub.mydomain.com.

Please what is the correct procedure for that?

I am using Debian Lenny 5.0 with ISPConfig 3.0.1.3

Another thing is mail issues with gmail, when I send mail to gmail for example the mail goes straight to the junk box and not to the inbox as it should so I will put the config here and if anyone could help I would appreciate it :)

Please check the following DNS Conf.

A mydomain.com. 90.111.***.11 0
    A ftp 90.111.***.11 0
    A mail 90.111.***.11 0
    A ns1 90.111.***.11 0
    A ns2 90.111.***.11 0
    A server1 90.111.***.11 0
    A sub 90.111.***.11 0
    A www 90.111.***.11 0
    MX mydomain.com. mail.mydomain.com. 10
    MX mydomain.com. server1.mydomain.com. 10
    NS mydomain.com. ns1.mydomain.com. 0
    NS mydomain.com. ns2.mydomain.com. 0
    TXT mydomain.com. "v=spf1 ip4:90.111.***.11/24 a mx a:server1.mydomain.com mx:mail.mydomain.com ~all" 0
    TXT mail.mydomain.com. "v=spf1 a -all" 0
    TXT server1.mydomain.com. "v=spf1 a -all" 0

Please check the gmail output following.

Received: from server1.mydomain.com (server1.mydomain.com [90.111.***.11])
    by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 4si6502113ewy.36.2009.08.01.22.16.15;
    Sat, 01 Aug 2009 22:16:15 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of [email protected] designates 90.111.***.11 as permitted sender) client-ip=90.111.***.11;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of [email protected] designates 90.111.***.11 as permitted sender) [email protected]

Thanks for the wonderful work and for the support.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is the correct procedure. Please be aware that it takes up to 48 hours until changes in dns records get propagated.

3. rodiguim

rodiguim New Member

Thanks for the reply,

I have waited propagate and still nothing when I go to sub.mydomain.com it takes me to the default page which is mydomain.com.

Is there anything I can do?

4. till

And you area really sure that you created sub.mydomain.com as sepaerate domain in ispconfig and not as subdomain?

5. rodiguim

rodiguim New Member

what do you mean? I created a A-record on mydomain.com sub.mydomain.com pointing to it's IP?

Do I have to create like if it was a new domain? add ns1 and ns2 etc like a normal domain?

6. till

Thats ok. But you have to create also a new website for it and not just a dns record or subdomain.

7. rodiguim

rodiguim New Member

That's what I've done it before A-record for sub.mydomain.com + new website with sub.mydomain.com and it didn't work :(