Postfix on Intranet

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by brom, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brom

brom New Member

Hello,

I have the setup of Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 9.04).

The situation is like this: I need only to work with a local domain (mail.company.local) for the employees send an receive email internally but they should not be able to send emails for an external domain (company.com), just local.

I played a little with some settings in main.cf but no success. I was still able to send emails to an account in yahoo.com from mail.company.local.

Could anyone help me pointing in what is the setting that would make this possible?

Thanks for your help :)

2. Rocky

Rocky Member

I believe if you mapped the following to local instead of smtp, then mails should no longer go to the outside world.

smtp unix - - - - - local
    relay unix - - - - - local

Post your results.

Thanks,

Rocky

3. brom

brom New Member

Hey Rocky,

Thanks for the help :) it worked. no email goes outside and all local gets delivered.

Now I have an extra question.

I added a line to main.cf to have a template for the mails bounced:

bounce_template_file = /etc/postfix/bounce.cf

For now all emails to the outside are staying in the queue, will postfix bounce it or delete it form queue and send back to the user an email with the bounce template? or I will ahve to do it manually? is there a way to not do it manually? :p

Thanks again for the help!

4. Rocky

Rocky Member

5. brom

brom New Member

Thank you once again :)

I think the topic can be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.