Linux SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by smaj84, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smaj84

smaj84 New Member

Linux is the most drastic software I have ever used...Everything is complicated in it. If you want to run simple software then you have to go through many steps and face many problems and after trying and searching on net many days you will be able to use that software...I am sick and tired now from LINUX. It has no comparison with WINDOWS. Everything on your finger tips. OH MY GOD I just hate that messing LINUX and its all distros and its developers and its inventor...mess off LINUX

2. matey

matey New Member

LOL :D

I used to feel almost the same..
    :eek:
    you should try the vi editor sometimes ;)

3. pfifo

pfifo New Member

Agreed

Yes, I felt the same way when I first started. I came from windows 2000 to Red Hat. I had so much trouble getting anything and everything to work. Luckily, I was able to dual boot so that I could work in windows while learning the ins and outs of linux.

It dose get better though, once you are familiar with all the programs and what they do. Ubuntu is what im using right now, too bad this wasnt around when I was a newbie, in my opinion its easier than windows, and both my mom and brother agree (and their computer illiterate)

The headache of learning the system is well worth it though. As an IT professional I find the ability to customize every little detail of the OS a huge advantage over being forced to do things one way and only one way (like osx and windows) Not to mention, im an avid c/c++ programmer and can change anything and everything to suit my needs.

My advice, take it easy and read lots and lots of howtos, i promise before too long youll be able to wrap the OS around you finger and get revenge for the mess its giving you now ;)

4. bernholdt

bernholdt Member

Lol i think everyone has had that feeleing when starting to learn Linux.
    But fortunally for everyone there are forums like this one where you can get all the help you need.

Personally i run vista on my home pc and only run linux on my servers, i had a mac for a month once but omfg i felt just like you do right now.

Dont give up keep reading/asking and all of a sudden it all makes sence.

5. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I am going to close this thread before it gets out of hand.

Use the OS that you like. If it's Windows for you than so be it.
    (nothing wrong with Windows)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.