CentOS 5.3 x86_64 - Pure-FTPD fails allow logins

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Leftblank, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Leftblank

Leftblank New Member

Since it's a newish issue compared to my previous topic I figured I'd open a new one.

Right now Pure-FTPD is installed properly, it's running without error, but it won't let me log in as a client, for which I created an FTP user. No matter what I do, it complains about an invalid password.

Something that seems off as well is that when I try to add a new FTP user as admin, the 'directory' field on the 'Options' tab shows "/var/www/clients/client1/web1", however, there is no /var/www/clients directory on my system, nor is it created after adding the user.

PureFTPD still doesnt seem to generate any logs, so I'm yet again clueless of what to do, who will be my hero today? :p

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you installed pureftpd after you installed ispconfuig, you will have to update ispconfig and choose to reconfigure the config files.

3. Leftblank

Leftblank New Member

Thanks for your reply, though I forgot to mention that I actually did a reinstall of ISPConfig on a new database after I installed Pure-FTPD, so I think that part should be alright. The Pure-ftpd mysql config file also seems to have the correct user/password set (autogenerated apparently). Are there any other obvious causes?