Not able to upload 100kb or larger files to web site

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by belmont1964, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belmont1964

belmont1964 New Member

Hello everybody, I am new to linux and I have successfully download and install Ubuntu, PHP 5, and ISPConfig. I have been playing with the ISPConfig. I have my own URL address, and my DNS is up and running. I have started to play with creating PHP webpages.
    I created a simple upload webpage so I can upload files to my server. My first issue was the folder rights permissions. I figure out that proplem.
    My new problem is that I get a error level 2 (means file to large) when I try to upload anything 100kb or more. I can upload successful when my file is 99kb or less.
    I get error 2 from my line in my code
    echo “error is : “ . basename( $_FILES['myupload']['error']);
    and it get my PHP configuration info with this code
    echo phpinfo(INFO_CONFIGURATION);
    In this phpinfo() I get
    upload_max_filesize = 1024M - in my local value and my master value.
    file_uploads = on - in my local value and my master value.
    post_max_size = 1024M - in my local value and my master value.
    I try other computer and get the same problem.
    I do not know is this a ISPConfig issue or PHP issue. I am lost!! Anybody have any ideals?

Thank you in advance
    Belmont

2. _X_

_X_ New Member

try adding

php_admin_value memory_limit 24M

in site directive and try the same upload.

3. belmont

belmont New Member

Late last night I found out that it must be FireFox. I upload last night a 4 Gb file in my Internet Explorer but I still can not upload any file that is 100 Kb or more. I can upload a file that is less then 100 Kb in FireFox. Now I know that this is not a PHP or ISPConfig problem. If anybody has any Idea on why only FireFox browser would not upload files larger than 100 Kb, I appreciate any idea.

Thank You

4. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.