default DNS record template

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jnoble, Aug 23, 2005.

1. jnoble

jnoble New Member

Hello, How do I add records the the default dns record?

I.E.

I want the MX ftp. mail. webmail. and such added in when I create a domain.

I tried adding it to the following file.

/root/ispconfig/isp/conf/named.conf.master

//// MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ////
    ftp A ftp.{DOMAIN}

----

that did not work. The help is appriciated.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you want to make entries in the template, that should be parsed like the {DOMAIN} placeholder, they must be above the line
    //// MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ////.
    But they wont show up in the interface and may be added accidently twice. The correct way would be to extend the PHP scripts, in this case the script:
    /home/admispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_isp_dns.lib.php
    In line 231 - 291 you can see how the default MX is added when "Default MX" is activated under Management > Server > Settings

3. jnoble

jnoble New Member

thank you

Thank you, Ill edit the php and post the new code here for anyone else that wants it.

the file is actually
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_dns.lib.php

There was and extra _isp in the original

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  4. jnoble

jnoble New Member

adding in default dns records

Hello Falko, I know your on vacation, but ill post this here, and hope you see it when you get back.

I am not good enough in php to clone the code for all the other records that I (and probabaly others) would want, could we or I talk you into writing a block for ftp, mail, and such for us?

and I think the option of having them checking in the ad site page by default would be good :)

Thanks
    James

5. till

Hi James,

please post this to the feature request forum if you want to see this as feature in the next versions.

Till

I know ist not easy to handle the data, permission and dependency tables correctly when adding DNS records in ISPConfig as i programmed this part.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've just sent you a PM. :)

7. timehost

timehost New Member

How to modify the code?

Hello,
    Most of webhosting customers expect to use predefined hostnames for various tasks such as ftp.domain.com for ftp'ing, mail.domain.com for pop3 and smtp. I searched various posts how to automate this while creating a new site, but it is not so obvious in the code where to start modifying and where to end about the dns records.

Any help will be appreciated,

8. falko

If you want to change the source code of ISPConfig, then you should have a look at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_web.lib.php.

9. timehost

timehost New Member

Source comments all in German

I appreciate your responses, but it is next to impossible to figure out anything in this source code, all the comments are in German,

i am looking in the code for existence of 'www' string so i can duplicate it but unsuccesful. And I also think the same records have to be entered in multiple tables ?

10. till

The packages was originall developed only by projektfarm GmbH from germany. We translate the comments to english step by step when we change the files.

There are several tables from the DNS-Manager involved. have a look at the lines 1029 - 1069 in the file that falko mentioned.

11. webking

webking New Member

anyone yet?

If anyone finds anything, please show us.

12. falko

What exactly are you looking for?