ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Oct 16, 2009.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 is available for download. This release is a bugfix release for ISPConfig 3.

Download
    -----------------------------------------------------

The software can be downloaded here:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ispconfig/ISPConfig-3.0.1.6.tar.gz?use_mirror=

Changes:
    --------------------------------------

- A bug in the updater for multiserver setups has been fixed.
    - A bug in the apache rewrite rule setup has been fixed.
    - A bug in jk_init.ini has been fixed which affects only jailkit 2.9 installations.

Known Issues:

Please take a look at the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

BUG Reporting

Please report bugs to the ISPConfig bugtracking system:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

Supported Linux Distributions
    -----------------------------
    - Debian Etch (4.0) - Lenny (5.0)
    - Ubuntu 7.10 - 9.04
    - OpenSuSE 11 - 11.1
    - CentOS 5.2 - 5.3
    - Fedora 9 - 10

Installation
    --------------------

The installation instructions for ISPConfig can be found here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/documentation.htm

or in the text files (named INSTALL_*.txt) which are inside the docs folder of the .tar.gz file.

Update
    --------------------

To update existing ISPConfig 3 installations, run this command on the shell:

ispconfig_update.sh

And select "stable" as update resource. The script will check if an updated version of ISPConfig 3 is available

and then download the tar.gz and start the setup script.

If the ISPConfig version on your server does not have this script yet, follow the manual update instructions

below.

Manual update instructions
    --------------------------

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php

2. StrikerNL

StrikerNL New Member

Excellent.

3. Nikola

Nikola Member

Yeah :)

I can hold off on upgrading now :) stable

4. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@Till,
    Thanks for this upgrade.
    Do you know if ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 works with Jailkit 2.8 or not?

5. till

Jailkit 2.8 is broken on 64Bit systems. This is independant if you use ISPConfig or not and thats the reason why the jailkit developer released jailkit 2.9 a few days ago. See jailkit homepage for details.

6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Ok Till in that case i will give Jailkit 2.9 a try.
    I will start from scratch by using the plain text files, which come with ISPConfig3: INSTALL_DEBIAN_5.0.txt and CHROOTED_DEBIAN_5.0.txt

On the moment that is no problem as i install it as a LVM based VM on Xen, and i do not use ISPConfig3 for production yet.

I will report my experience here.

Thanks for your answer!

7. till

Better use the html tutorial.

The chrooted setup is work in progress, it can not be used before ISPConfig 3.0.2 gets released at the end of the year.

8. autogun

autogun New Member

Hi Till,

Is it possible to upgrade 3.0.1.4 to 3.0.1.6 without upgrading to 3.0.1.5 first?

9. TimeRider

TimeRider New Member

updating from 3014 to 3016 errors

Whilst updating I received the following:

* Restarting web server apache2
    * We failed to correctly shutdown apache, so we're now killing all running apache processes. This is almost certainly suboptimal, so please make sure your system is working as you'd expect now!
    apache2: Syntax error on line 281 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 32 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf: </Directory>NameVirtualHost> directive missing closing '>'
    ... waiting .... ...fail!

line 281 looks okay - strange got error? : Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/
    line 32 - 33

</Directory>NameVirtualHost a.b.c.d:80
    NameVirtualHost a.b.c.d:443

why the text was appended on same line I'm not sure, but that fixes it (after restarting apache) but why the syntax error in apache2.conf?

Question is, best way to fix, and will this have stopped the script doing anything else it should have? Would it be safe to rerun script if this is the case?

I used:
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php

However I didn't run it from /tmp (does this matter?)

Thanks
    Steve!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  10. mccharlet

mccharlet Member HowtoForge Supporter

After update 3.0.4 to 3.0.6, i have lost rule to my firewall
    I have just

Open TCP ports 20
    Open UDP ports 53

I have the same problem to upgrade 2.03 to 3.0.4

11. till

@TimeRider:

A newsline is missing in this file. Please edit /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf

and change:

</Directory>NameVirtualHost a.b.c.d:80

to:

</Directory>
    NameVirtualHost a.b.c.d:80

so that </Directory> stands in its own line.

@mccharlet: I'am not able to reproduce this on my servers. Are the rules still listed in the ispconfig firewall interface.

Not sure which versions you refer to. ISPConfig 2 can not be upgradet to ISPConfig 3 and there is no ISPConfig 3.0.4 released yet, the latest released versin is 3.0.1.6

12. mccharlet

mccharlet Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have two debian lenny server with ispconfig 3 and i have the same problem after the upgrade

:confused:

13. TimeRider

TimeRider New Member

@mcharlet
    I assume you mean from 3014 to 3016, which is what I did, my firewall rules are fully intact here - just checked em to be sure :)

@till
    Yeah, I added the newline, restarted apache2 and all was fine.. Will the rest of the script have completed as normal?

BUT....
    @whoever!

I usually have a subdomain redirected to webmail, this suddenly stopped working...

I figured this out, but in the process, I discovered that the vhost files in sites-enabled became corrupt, after the upgrade they are intact, but if the redirect is changed, the RewriteCond lines end up garbled, resulting in an error..

To reproduce (unless this just on my system - which is why I have not filed bug report):

As stated, I already had a subdomain that has a redirect.

In the webbrowser GUI goto:
    Sites/Subdomain
    Redirect path (change it to anything you like)/save
    try the domain, here the result was 404
    check the vhost file in sites-enabled

Also, even if redirect is changed back, it still garbles the vhost file entry.

Is it just me? if not, it's easily fixed anyways :)

Steve!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  14. till

yes.

Please post the redirect rule that ispconfig generated in the vhsot file. ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 is expanding the path in the rewrite rule to be the full system path, this was neede to fix a problem in debian. Maybe this change causes problems on your system. And I need to know which linux distribution you use and the apache version.

15. TimeRider

TimeRider New Member

Unfortunately, I fixed the problem once I realised what was going on:

it was something like:
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /var/www/webmail/var/www/web1/web/var/www/webmail $1 [L]

*or similar - it was a long repetitive line, that had a path that would not be present on the system, like /var/www/var/www/var/www

in the logs from that time it showed:

File does not exist: /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/var/webmail
    Suggesting that the line was getting truncated

My system is Ubuntu Jaunty, Apache version 2.2.11

This problem was not brought on BY the upgrade, but simply by changing the redirect in the gui AFTER the update was applied (not sure if it was present prior to 3016).

Any more info you need, let me know :)

Steve!

16. till

Ok, so your original redirect line that you entered in the interface was /var/www/webmail ?

Then it is relateively clear for me what happened. ISPConfig does not accept redirects anymore that point to a absolute path outside of the website directory for security reasons since this release. The reason for this is that your clients are able to create redirects and if ispconfig would allow absolute paths then it would be possible that someone creates redirects that point to directorys where he should not have access to.

17. StrikerNL

StrikerNL New Member

18. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I would like to use my new ISPConfig3 server for TYPO3 webhosting as i did with my ISPConfig2 server. One TYPO3 source within the folder /var/www/typo3src-4.2.8/ and the dummy files within the web of the clients, synchronised with a symbolic link as described here: http://www.howtoforge.com/typo3_on_ispconfig

Does that mean such setup is not possible anymore?

19. till

This is something different and has nothing to do with apache redirects. Typo3 uses symlinks and not apache rewrite rules.

Symlinks are disabled too by default as your clients can misuse the setup to access data from your other clients but you can enable symlinks by commenting out the php open_basedir directive in the vhost template.

20. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Till thanks for the explanation.