ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Oct 16, 2009.

1. TimeRider

TimeRider New Member

Yes, that is correct, your logic and reason why this should perhaps not be allowable to clients are sound :)

Perhaps allowing the main admin account have access to add things like redirect to webmail (or whatever else is outside of a clients web) should be allowable (but only to admin) - not to clients... Just an idea, that I think would be perhaps more acceptable to yourself and to end users. Or even better, an option in the gui to have a global (all sites) redirect, i.e for mail, sysinfo, etc - again only admin would be allowed to enable/set these up.

I'm still not sure of whether the implementation of this is working correctly however, as in the gui it still only showed '/var/www/webmail' Which was NOT what was in the vhost at the time? I'm sure also that at some point the directory served (with an error) showed in apache logs as being /blah/blah/blah/var (without webmail).

I'm guessing there'll be a few other people wondering where their redirected webpages (or other pages) are suddenly not working, The answer, check your vhosts file and decide if you wish to hack it to manually add a redirect. ** See below posts for why it's recommended you do not it this way!

Steve

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This will not work and thats why we did not implemented it. It only works with a specific combination of php settings of the site. For example if you have a site without php enabled, you will get the sourcecode then instead of the webmail or phpmyadmin interface.

The main admin account has access to the apache directives field to be able to add any kind of redirect.

/var/www/webmail is a valid path, but in the website. So its the subdirectory /var/www/webmail inside the web directory.

Do not edit the file manually as all manual changes will be removed automatically. Use the apache directives field for that.

3. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

Would it make sense, to have the ability to set those options on a vhost basis anywhen in the future of ispconfig3?

4. TimeRider

TimeRider New Member

hmm, okay - I'm guessing that these will only be removed next time the domain is edited via the gui, since my changes seem to be working.

So I should manually add the redirect in the directives field? Does this follow the same format as in the vhost files? or?

Thanks for all the info, I've learned a bit more about ispconfig past few days :)

Steve!

5. till

Yes. Everything that you add in the directives field gets included into the vhost file.

6. till

Might be a good idea. The only problem with that ias as always that we have to make sure that using ispconfig dont get too complicated. Normally you really should not enable this as its a very bad idea from the security standpoint and it may cause that you loose the whole server if just one site gets hacked or one of your clients with access to your server "misbehaves". So disabling this is just an option for corporate servers that do not host any clients or give access to external staff and in that case, you can just comment it out in the template file as we made the template files eaxctly for that reason, to enable administrators to run a custom setup.

7. Ketama

Ketama New Member

no mail receiving after upgrade

Hi everybody, yesterday I upgraded from 3014 to 3016,
    Everything works great: apache, DNS....

But again on this Fedora machine, Mail starts to bug.

I can login with outlook, try to fetch mail.
    It will connect, try to recieve, but nothing shows up. (like there is no mail)
    (so I dont get an error there)

I know my way around apache, myDNS, mySQL and some of the basic stuff.
    But the mail server is quite new to me.

If I send a mail to [email protected] it gives no error, if I send it to my own account [email protected] it said:

The mail system
    --------------------------------------------
    <[email protected]>: unknown user: "holger"

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
    Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "holger"
    --------------------------------------------

Still the info/holger mailbox shows no mail. Ive recreated the account still no go. Now I noticed I dont get mails from the system either...

I didn't change any of the files, except the tolower() in the mailfilter on version 3014. Initially I thought it was that bug again.

SO :

I can send mail from the [email protected] to hotmail. It will arrive
    I can send mail to the [email protected] but I get a mail back that holger doesnt excist. If I send the same mail to [email protected]. I dont get a bounce email, but nothing will show up in the mailbox either..

Anyone a suggestion for this weird (but shitty problem) or some of the common errors? or am i just the only one? I suspect maildrop but dont (yet) know where to look for...

8. till

Please post the lines that get added to your maillog.

9. Ketama

Ketama New Member

Ashamed and also proud

Hi Till,
    thanks for the reply, while making up a copy of the maillog I noticed what was wrong. Somehow in main.cf i got domain.nl added to mydestination, and since that domain.nl also is an virtual domain.... I think you can fill in the rest :rolleyes:

Dont know how it got back there but changed is back to mail.domain.nl (original) and now it seems all working again. (I got my expected mail and the notification youve replyed to my call )

Thanks, again something learned.

Keep up this good work.. ISPConfig simply ROCKS.

10. hlavi

hlavi New Member

Missing "external server" option in website and domain setup

Hi everyone,
    Iam using a PHP based CMS which uses localhost to send emails - problem with ISP CONFIG 3 is that there is no option to set it up not to use internal mail list and the mail function ends up with an error (550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table.)

I have some domains hosted by me, but Iam not providing mail services - could enyone help me please? (MX is correctly setted)

11. TomStage

TomStage New Member

Clients Lost from display after upgrade

Hi all

I just did an update from 3.0.1.3 to the latest stable version and logged in as admin and found that there was only 1 client in the clients list and that is the last 1 added to the system, however the clients exists and i can log on to them.

My system is running on CentOS 5.3.

What i allso saw during the update face was the following:
    Code:
    ispconfig_update.sh
    Choose stable
    Provide MySQL root password
    Reconfigure Services? yes
    Reconfigure Crontab? yes
    Update finnished.
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/update_from_tgz.sh line 14: config3_install/install/: no such file or directory

And then the script rerun itself and at the end the following error came up:
    Code:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/update_from_tgz.sh line 18: syntax error near unexpected token 'else'
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/update_from_tgz.sh line 18: 'else'

But from what i can see it works like a charm except for the client listing.

Keep up the good work :cool:

12. till

I guess you created the others as reseller and not clients. Look in the reseller list. th errors you reported are from the version that you had installed before and not from ispconfig 3.0.1.6.

13. TomStage

TomStage New Member

Hi Till

I have no one in my edit resellers list at all and only the last added client in the edit client list.

And from what i remember i have only added clients.

Also if i look in the clients table in MySQL all my clients have the same in first 6 fields.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  14. till

Ok, then you must have added all of them as resellers with the ability to add a unlimited number of (sub)clients (client limit set to -1). There was a bug that caused these resellers not to be shown in the client and reseller list. Login to the ispconfig database with phpmyadmin, go to the client table and edit the field 'limit_client' of the records in this table so that it is either set to '0' when its a client or to a number > 0 when its a reseller.
    Or you wait for the next release that fixes this problem.

15. till

This setting is not needed in ispconfig 3 as mail and webserver domains are managed independantly. Just dont add a mail domain when you dont want to use mail.

16. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

ISPConfig3 multiserver environment succesfully installed

@Till,
    I want you to know that i've succesfully setup a multiserver environment by using ISPConfig 3 with Jailkit 2.10 and MyDNS version 1.2.8.27.

The 3 servers are XEN LVM based Virtual Machines on a Debian Lenny AMD64 host system.

It looks promising! :)

17. StrikerNL

StrikerNL New Member

18. scandal32

scandal32 New Member

3.0.2 version

Hi

Does anyone know when 3.0.2 version is coming out?

19. till

Most likely in january or february.

20. boschie

boschie New Member

Same problem here.
    I had 1 reseller and 2 clients. They are all dissapeard.

I changed the reseller to 3 in the database but still no luck bringing back the reseller and clients.
    I made a new client and this one shows up as usual with id# 4.

Any suggestions?