Update problem 2.2.34 - no Apache - URGENT

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by [email protected], Nov 5, 2009.

1. md@waw.co.uk

[email protected] New Member

After running what looked like a successful update none of my websites work & I can not login to the ISPconfig (control panel). httpd will not run.

If I try to start the system manually...

Starting ISPConfig system...
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/ispconfig_server: line 45: /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl: No such file or directory
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/ispconfig_server: line 48: /root/ispconfig/php/php: No such file or directory
    ISPConfig system is now up and running!

the last part is not correct - it's not up & running

any help would be most appreciated

2. vicboy

vicboy New Member

clamav compiled correctly?

I had an error while installing (but in the end, the installer told me it was OK). I've seen some errors that I never found before while upgrading, so I tried to login to the control panel and it didn't work. Normal webserver (port 80) didn't work neither.

So I tried to run ./setup again, looking through messages: it stopped while compiling clamAV (then, it didn't ask me the administrator's mail for SpamAssassin), and tried to run some other files, but the whole install_ispconfig was deleted.

After some research on the install files, I found that I could avoid the clamAV installation by editing install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile and removing some lines there; then it worked OK.

It happened to me in a Fedora 7 install working right, and with previous upgrades with no problems. I've also upgraded some hours before 3 different Fedora version's servers with no problems.

I don't know it that could cause you the problems. Here's it's midnight now so I'll go to sleep -server's just working now- and tomorrow I'll see if I can tell which was the exact reason or if I could do something to clamAV before (but I never use antivirus on mailboxes in that server and I never touched its config or files; and the server hasn't been restarted 'till two or three previous upgrades.....!

Hope that helps a bit for if someone has the same problem. If it isn't related, just delete it !!! ;)

PS: I've seen the error I got during installation on other boards. Here's the message:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  3. md@waw.co.uk

I believe this is a similar 'issue' like you I was not asked for the administrator email during install & the problem appears to be with port 80 & 81 (Apache isn't working) although email does work.

I'm not sure what I need to do & any help would be appreciated.

4. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@ Both, which distribution do you use?
    I did an upgrade on Debian Lenny, and the upgrade went fine for me...

5. vicboy

vicboy New Member

Distribs

Mine failed on Fedora 7. But I've upgraded two more servers running FC5 and worked fine. As I told you I removed the ClamAV installation lines from the install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile script and then everything "worked". The error was caused by a failing clamav install that removed the entire install_ispconfig directory, so then the other scripts couldn't be run. Avoiding the clamAV install helped me recover the server, but without upgrading the antivirus of course :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  6. md@waw.co.uk

I am using Fedora 8 - 64bit

7. md@waw.co.uk

Problem identified

The problem is with Clamav - the latest ver (included in the update) has a bug that prevents its compilation on Fedora systems.

https://wwws.clamav.net/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1737

I'm told that there will be a new ispconfig version as soon as the clamav project has fixed this problem.

8. ybz

ybz New Member

I'm using Ubuntu Server 9.10. Same behaviour.

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    df -h
    ?

10. ybz

ybz New Member

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1 227G 4.8G 211G 3% /
    udev 497M 252K 497M 1% /dev
    none 497M 940K 496M 1% /dev/shm
    none 497M 132K 497M 1% /var/run
    none 497M 0 497M 0% /var/lock
    none 497M 0 497M 0% /lib/init/rw

11. falko

Ok, I was guessing that hard drive space might be the problem, but this is not the case... :confused:

12. ybz

ybz New Member

What about the calmAV issues mentioned above? Are they not relevant?

13. falko

As far as I know, ClamAV compiles correctly on Ubuntu. The only distribution where it doesn't seems to be Fedora.

14. ybz

ybz New Member

After many trials, I had no other choice but to re-install the system (following your recommended instructions for Ubuntu Server 9.10). While doing that I've noticed that there is a new comment at the end of the article under section 22 (about replacing getline with parseline in the /usr/include/stdio.h file. see: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-9.10-karmic-koala-ispconfig-2-p7).

In the previous installation, I have started with version 9.04 + ISPConfig 2. Then I have upgraded to 9.10 and upgraded to ISPconfig 2.2.34. Could be that the reason for the fault mentioned above is due to the additional comment you made under section 22?

15. falko

I don't think this has anything to do with your ClamAV problems.

16. ybz

ybz New Member

The problem was not with ClamAV (this is something suggested above by others). The problem was with missing elements (see above) that did not enable to restart ISPconfig_server:

Starting ISPConfig system...
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/ispconfig_server: line 45: /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl: No such file or directory
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/ispconfig_server: line 48: /root/ispconfig/php/php: No such file or directory

17. IgorS3

IgorS3 New Member

Same problem with Ubuntu 9.10
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/***/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/apache_1.3.41/src/support'
    gcc -c -I../os/unix -I../include -DLINUX=22 -DHAVE_SET_DUMPABLE -DMOD_SSL=208131 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI `../apaci` htpasswd.c
    htpasswd.c:101: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
    /usr/include/stdio.h:651: note: previous declaration of 'getline' was here
    make[2]: *** [htpasswd.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/***/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/apache_1.3.41/src/support'
    make[1]: *** [build-support] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/***/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/apache_1.3.41'
    make: *** [build] Error 2

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  18. falko

Take a look at chapter 22 on http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-9.10-karmic-koala-ispconfig-2-p7

19. ybz

ybz New Member

So, you agree that the addition in chapter 22 makes the difference? ;-)