Email messages sent from webmail, but not received on recipient (Gmail, Yahoo, etc)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vascanera, Nov 12, 2009.

1. vascanera

vascanera New Member

Hi.

I have this really annoying problem: when I send emails from Thunderbird (SMTP/POP3) to external email addresses (not from sites hosted on the server), everything works just fine, but when I try to send from the web interface (squirrelmail, roundcubemail), the message is reported as "Sent successfuly", but the recipients never receive it. I have spent 2 days on this, and I don't want to waste any more time. Please help!

I have Ubuntu Server 9.10 32bit with Perfect Setup, I am using a commercial DynDNS hosted domain (let's call it "xyz.com").
    My server host is "server1.xyz.com".

I think that there's something in the headers of the email being sent that makes recipient mail agents think it's spam, or incorrect, or "bad". I may be wrong. That's why I am asking for help here.

Please let me know what log files / output to list here.

2. vascanera

vascanera New Member

Weird delay

Ok, I received some of the emails I have sent this morning on both Gmail and Yahoo accounts.

The problem is: it's an 8 hour delay since they were sent!

I don't know what the problem is, but it's becoming frustrating..

3. newbie76

newbie76 New Member

Please, make a vi /var/log/mail.log

4. vascanera

vascanera New Member

Last thing to do...

You know what? I just made up my mind about this!

I will disable the webmail interface, and only allow smtp/pop3 using a mail client. That settles it.

And in the meantime, I will wait for a newer version of ISPConfig. ;)

5. newbie76

newbie76 New Member

Good solution! ;)

I have your same problem but reverse, i can use the squirremail but not the smtp/pop3 with Mail or Thunderbird.

Regards,

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why that? There is nothing related to ispconfig with that. ISPConfig is a controlpanel, it is not your internet access provider or google or yahoo or the postfix mailserver ;)