How to connect VM -KVM

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by satimis, Nov 20, 2009.

1. satimis

satimis Member

Hi folks,

I forgot the virsh command getting into the VM console.

Just created a new VM with virsh-clone on an old VM (say VM1). The new VM is named VM2. It is running. I can't ssh connect VM2 on the IP of the old VM1. I need to edit its network, hostname, etc. files.

Please advise.

TIA

B.R.
    satimis

2. thomasstuart

thomasstuart New Member

To connect to a virtual machine:
    1. In Virtual Machines view, expand All Hosts in the navigation pane, and navigate to the host on which the virtual machine is deployed.
    2. In the results pane, click the virtual machine.
    3. To start the virtual machine if it is not already running, in the Actions pane, under Virtual Machine, click Start. VMM automatically attempts to connect to any running virtual machine that you select in the results pane and adds a thumbnail of this connection: the desktop of the virtual machine to the virtual machine details.
    4. To launch a larger connection window so that you can log on to the virtual machine, take one of the following actions:
    - Double-click the thumbnail.
    - In the Actions pane, under Virtual Machine, click Connect to virtual machine.
    5. In the dialog box, press Right-ALT+DELETE (hold down the ALT key on the right side of the spacebar while you press DELETE) to display the logon prompt for the guest operating system running in the virtual machine.
    6. Log on to the virtual machine.

3. satimis

satimis Member

Hi thomasstuart,

Thanks for your advice.

Please advise which software is used to start the "Virtual Machines View"

I got my problem solved running "virt-manager" fiddling relevant files on the VM.

B.R.
    satimis