phpMyAdmin and webmail error?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Dag Andresen, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

EDIT: Solution to problem is: Set * as IP and * as subdomain for all your sites. The webmail solution is the same and for me: install squirrelmail...

Hi,

I downloaded and runned Ubuntu 9.10/ISPconfig 3.0.1.6 under VMware...

When I go to domain.com/webmail I receive:
    Code:
    Not Found

The requested URL /webmail was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    When I go to domain.com/phpmyadmin I receive:
    Code:
    Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web2/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web2/tmp:/usr/share/php5) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php' (include_path='.') in Unknown on line 0 
    Can anyone help me with this? What can I do?

Btw
    /etc/apache2/httpd.conf is empty, is that right?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to use the IP address to access phpmyadmin and squirrelmail and not a domain that exists as website on your server. phpmyadmin adn squirrelmail are only accessible trogh the default vhost which can be reached trogh the IP address.

3. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  4. till

Make sure that you did not assign a website to this IP. Otherwise apache will route the Ip to your first website and not the default vhost.

5. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

What exactly do you mean with "assign website to this ip"? If you mean IP-Address under where you create site, all sites has that one set to the local / internal IP of server.

All my websites are setup DNS like this:
    Code:
     	A  	domain.com.  	 	1.2.3.4   		0  	
    	A 	mail 	 	 	1.2.3.4 	 	0 	
    	A 	www  	 		1.2.3.4  		0 	
    	MX 	domain.com. 	 	mail.domain.com. 	10 	
    	NS 	domain.com. 	 	ns1.abc.mu. 	 	0 	
    	NS 	domain.com. 	 	ns2.abc.mu. 	 	0
    Do you see a problem with those settings?

Also Im hosting my own nameservers with domain is.mu and I had it setup like this: .....

6. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

7. till

I'am talking aboz the website settings and not dns. Did you select an ip address in the website settings or * ?

8. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

Hi,

I have tried both "*" and "192.168.10.20"... makes no difference.

9. till

If you select * for all sites, then you can access the default host by IP address.

10. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

Hi, I only have 3 sites, I just tried setting them all to *, but I still can't access...

11. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

Another problem, when I set all sites to * the right site doesn't come up for the right domain. It's all getting messed up. I had an ispconfig server before, it was not using * from all domains and worked fine... but I just don't remember how and why :( Please help me

12. linuxbastard

linuxbastard New Member

Check server IP

Hi,

I've gone round and round with that same issue before. I found that the main cause of it is forgetting to set the server IP. Check your System > Edit Server IP

LB

13. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

Thanks for input, the IP is set up to my internal IP I guess thats correct... other ideas? :)

14. linuxbastard

linuxbastard New Member

How are you connected?

have you tried browsing the server using your internal IP?

what happens when you browse to:

192.168.10.20/webmail
    192.168.10.20/phpmyadmin

And are you on a dedicated external IP?

15. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

I'm not able to browse internal IP since I'm not sitting on the same network as server (will check it later as soon as I can) and yes the IP is dedicated and never change. You can see here: http://1.2.3.4/webmail
    http://1.2.3.4/phpmyadmin

16. linuxbastard

linuxbastard New Member

hostnames

When you browse to your external IP, you should get the default website. I see that a hosted site is showing up.

Could you change the auto generated index.html of the sites so that you know what site shows up when you browse to http://1.2.3.4/

Also set sites to IP:* and autosubdomain:* and see if that changes anything.

17. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

Thaaaaaaaaaankkkks :) http://1.2.3.4/phpmyadmin/ now works! I had not tried changing subdomain to * before :eek:

On http://1.2.3.4/webmail I now recieve a new error:

Code:
    Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 404
    Tue Nov 24 13:33:23 2009
    Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) 

18. linuxbastard

linuxbastard New Member

check webmai got.l directory

for webmail I tried accessing it and got the same message you get.

can you check your directories to be sure that you have a directory /var/www/webmail and there are files underneath it.

19. Dag Andresen

Dag Andresen New Member

Ok, I can see that webmail apparently isn't working since it's not installed it seems... I downloaded a VMWare image and it was supposed to be there, but I guess not. Anyways I'm getting a bunch of other error, will make a new topic for those. Thanks