2 websites

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by webdirector.de, Dec 8, 2009.

1. webdirector.de

webdirector.de New Member

I have just installed a new Ubuntu 9.10 server and ISPConfig 3 at home and I have a Dynamic IP.

Please note this is my first installation of a home server an I only need someone to point me in the right direction.

So this is my issue:

I have two domains that I want to host on my private server at home for these domains I have added the dyndns url to point to my server at home.

I added these two domains in my ISPConfig. Now when I call my domains both end in the same directors of the the first host.

any Idea why this is happening ? do I need to setup DNS on my UBUNTU server ? or will it work without a DNS server ?

Thanks for your help

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your problem is dyndns and not ispconfig. You need to have individual DNS Records for both domains pointing to the IP address of your router. Make sure that you add both domains in the dyndns server and do not use any kind of domain redirects as apache will not be able to route the requestst to the correct vhost then.

3. webdirector.de

webdirector.de New Member

Thanks

Thanks for your support

4. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

I think you would still need local DNS as well to differentiate the two domain names.