Knowledgetree 3.7 & ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by The General, Dec 13, 2009.

1. The General

The General New Member

Hello all. Has anyone yet managed to install Knowledgetree 3.7 on ispconfig 3? if so PLEEEASEEEE tell me how you have done it !!!!!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

They do not seem to offer the software itself on there homepage. They offer only stack installers which will conflict with ispconfig as the stack will try to install its own web and database server as far as I can see. Looks as if this software lawyas needs a dedicated server for its own.

3. Damien_KT

Damien_KT New Member

Hey There,

We do indeed offer source-only installation options. Visit our community download page here: http://www.knowledgetree.com/try-now/knowledgetree_open_source_download and select the appropriate download from the "Install from the Source Code" section.

Also, installation instructions and guides are available here: http://www.knowledgetree.org/Custom_installations_on_all_other_environments. Should you require further assistance or have any other queries with your installation, feel free to sign up and post on our forums.

Hope this helps,

Damien Williams,
    Product Evangelist
    KnowledgeTree Inc.

4. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm trying to get this installed also. I'm stuck on the permission page and I've done everything I can think of to have the config file see that the files/folders are writeable. I didn't think it woul dbe an isp3 issue though as it's on a subfolder within an existing running website installed from source.

Damien_KT do you know of a link in your forums showing this working in isp3? btw, I'm on debian lenny x64.

TIA

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Make sure you changed the user and group of all files and folders to the web user and client group of this website. then ensure that you have suexec enabled in the website settings and that you use either php-fcgi. php-cgi or suphp as php method and not mod_php.

6. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

Till,Thank you. It seems I need to be explicit in the default root setting during the config, and it worked. But now it got mad because I had already predefined the db in isp3 whereas the config script wants to do it itself. I'll start over...

Thank you for responding.