cannot log in Squirrelmail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rosie, Dec 13, 2009.

1. rosie

rosie New Member

I always got the erros "Unknown user or password incorrect." when tried to log into Squirrel webmail.
    Code:
    [root@mydomain]# uname -a
    Linux mydomain.com 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP Thu Mar 15 19:57:35 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    and in /var/log/maillog:

Code:
    imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    imapd: LOGIN FAILED, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    imapd: LOGOUT, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], rcvd=62, sent=332
    postfix/qmgr[14355]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    postfix/proxymap[14356]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    postfix/master[2327]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr pid 14355 exit status 1
    postfix/master[2327]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr: bad command startup -- throttling
    postfix/master[2327]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/proxymap pid 14356 exit status 1
    postfix/master[2327]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/proxymap: bad command startup -- throttling
    postfix/cleanup[2340]: warning: premature end-of-input on private/proxymap socket while reading input attribute name
    any advices?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The mysql bindings of postfix are missing. Did you install your server exactly as described in the perfect setup guide? Which install guide did you use to install your server?

3. rosie

rosie New Member

HI till,

I followed the The Perfect Setup - CentOS 5.0 (32-bit) guide.

I had Apache and MySQL installed alreadry before I did this guide, anyway I still did step 10 (install MySQL) and got the message says "...all the newset versions of mysql-devel, mysql-server, mysql are already installed... nothing to do..."

4. till

The postfix that is currently running on your server is not the one that was compiled in the tutorial. Please uninstall postfix and then install it again as described in the tutorial.

5. rosie

rosie New Member

Solved.

Because I followed the "The Perfect Setup - CentOS 5.0 (32-bit)" guide first, then I installed ISPConfig so I have both Courier and Dovecot installed. I changed the mail server to Courier (which was Dovecot before) then I can logged into Squirrel.

THanks!

6. till

The guide you used was for ispconfig 2 and not 3. the guide is incompatible with ispconfig 3 and thats wy it did not work. Other things like dns will not work too, so you should consider to reinstall your system by using the perfect setup for ispconfig 3 and not the guide for ispconfig 2.

7. rosie

rosie New Member

OMG I haven't known there have been a guide for ISPConfig3, and even haven't thought about it. I'll try it now.

Thanks for letting me know, till! Very nice moderator!