Dedicated game server howto's?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by badgerbox76, Dec 10, 2006.

1. badgerbox76

badgerbox76 Member

I was wondering if anyone could make some of Americas Army, Enemy Territory or team speak howto's because if not i could. I have been played around with some of mine and could write some howto's but i am not sure if i would be doing everything correctly. For example, i usually install and run my game servers under my main account and i do not make separate ones for them, should i do doing this?

Sorry i just notice i put this in the wrong forum section.:(

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  2. planet_fox

planet_fox Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think such howtos could be interesting for some of us. They don't need to be 100% perfect, but they should work. If you like to write such a tutorial, have a look at the "formatting guide": http://www.howtoforge.com/howto_formatting_guide :)

4. mr.orangeman

mr.orangeman New Member

Great site

Badgetbox76,

You should have a look at www.setupswarm.com which has some great tutorials for various game servers. Some have a video of the guy actually making the game which i thought was fun to watch. Anyway here are some interesting games w. server guides:

Call of Duty 1 / 2 / 4 (aka Modern Warfare) / 5 (aka world at war)
    Counterstrike 1.6 Server
    Unreal Tournament 2003 and i think i saw 2004

Let me known if you like this site because i know another couple which are decent but i really liked this one.