Gallery 2 on Debian Lenny/ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by techman83, Feb 1, 2010.

1. techman83

techman83 New Member

Gallery 2 on Debian Lenny/ISPConfig3 [SOLVED]

Hi All,

Got what will hopefully be a quick one. Just done a fresh install with Debian 5, Ispconfig3 with Falko's Perfect Setup guide. Which got me up and running nicely.

What I'm having a problem with is that unless I put my Galleries data directory under web/ (which isn't recommended) Gallery 2 comes up with an error:

Code:
    Error: Some files and or directories in your storage directory are not writeable by the webserver user. 
    Run chown -R webserverUser /var/www/gallery.techieman.net/web/g2data/ OR 
    run chmod -R 777 /var/www/gallery.techieman.net/web/g2data/.
    I've tried owning it with the right "web:client" and also the apach user "www-data" and even trying 777 (shouldn't be necessary). I don't think SElinux is enabled as running a "ls -Z" just lists question marks next to all the directories.

My only guess is that something in Apache is preventing Gallery from accessing any files outside of web/.

Any help/general prods in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Leon

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. damir

damir New Member

Do you have right paths in G2 config file?

3. techman83

techman83 New Member

Yep, I can confirm that. When I moved it under web/ it worked fine. I even tried moving it to /g2data with correct perms, just to take all the complexity out, to no avail.

Thanks,

Leon

EDIT: To note, above error shows the working path, but I moved it back out after confirming I could get it to work somewhere. Re-tested with path outside web/, still got error

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The access for files outside of the website dir is forbidden for security reasons. If you want this, you will have to edit the php open_basedir path in the vhots template and the cgi and fcgi starter templates.

5. techman83

techman83 New Member

That's definitely it. I changed the vhost file under sites enabled and it worked. I'm assuming if I make any changes to the site from the panel, it will overwrite those changes, but it'll do for the time being until I have time to learn how to make a custom template and apply it to that site (if it's possible).

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As I posted above, you should have changed the vhost template and not the vhost file as all changes that you did in the vhost file get removed automatically. The templates are in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/

7. techman83

techman83 New Member

Thanks, Found and done!