Multiple Servers

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by ahagadorn, Nov 7, 2008.

1. ahagadorn

ahagadorn New Member

I think I read that V3 will eventually have support for multiple servers. This is one of the reasons I am interested in it, and I think the current architecture direction is going to work out well for that.

I just got a couple new servers, and I am going to set up two V3 servers to play around with this. I figured I could set up MySQL replication across both servers, and then mydns at least should work nicely for redundant DNS services without any mods. It seems all of the DB related stuff would work fine, it's just the directory/file creation (local) stuff that becomes an issue.

I had already been working on multiple server capability for VHCS2, so I know some of the possible issues, and some of the solutions.

How far have you guys gotten toward multiple server management?

Andy

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3 has already working support for multiple servers and it works fine in our test enviroments including all configurations on the local servers. I'am currently implementing the internal replication for ispconfig to make the mysql replication setup optional.

3. autoafrica

autoafrica New Member

your help in multiple server setup

i am having trouble setting up two iispconfig servers.
    could you just explain to me how to connect the second server to the first ispconfig
    server.
    i mean things like: the name of the master host?
    master databse?
    master user?
    master password?

i mean basically, the stuff that you need to connect the second computer to the master database.

i have chosen the expert part and then followed the questions.
    but each time i could not connect to the master servers database.
    however, without trying to make multiple servers ...bot servers work fine
    with the installations.

are there any files to edit in the master ispconfg and what if any /
    please help...it has been two weeks now unable to get any answer.
    i just need to get this once and then i will work on other things that the forum will benifit from.....
    thanks in advance

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Are you referring to ISPConfig 2 or 3?

5. autoafrica

autoafrica New Member

ispconfig3

ispconfig3

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you mind opening a new thread for this in the ISPConfig 3 forum? Thanks a lot!