Mail Server Setup With Exim, MySQL, Cyrus-Imapd, Horde Webmail On Centos 5.1 - works?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by gsp, Oct 10, 2008.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please try to add the user that the clamd process runs as to the mail group.

2. Alex Ravens

Alex Ravens New Member

Thank you very much, I get it!

3. Alex Ravens

Alex Ravens New Member

I did the same rules as for example in iptables, only put in my ip address -192.168.1.100. But can not login to mail via a browser. At the authentication page allows enter, and then not let. Repeat, I did the same rules as for example in iptables, why it does not work??? Help me please!!!

4. topdog

topdog Active Member

If you can see the login page then it is not a problem with iptables. Please check the horde log file to see what the error is.

5. rooff

rooff New Member

problem whith horde

I install horde , cypus-imap , mysql ....
    All service are up .
    https://94.20.94.130/
    In logs :
    /var/logs/maillog
    -------------------
    Feb 12 08:50:32 localhost imap[2406]: badlogin: [94.20.94.130] PLAIN [SASL(-13): authentication failure: Password verification failed]
    Feb 12 08:50:38 localhost last message repeated 2 times
    Feb 12 08:50:42 localhost imap[2410]: accepted connection
    Feb 12 08:50:42 localhost imap[2410]: badlogin: [94.20.94.130] PLAIN [SASL(-13): authentication failure: Password verification failed]
    Feb 12 08:50:48 localhost last message repeated 2 times
    Feb 12 08:50:52 localhost imap[2406]: accepted connection
    Feb 12 08:50:52 localhost imap[2406]: badlogin: [94.20.94.130] PLAIN [SASL(-13): authentication failure: Password verification failed]

/tmp/horde.log
    ------------------

Feb 12 08:44:02 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 94.20.7.30 to 94.20.94.130:143[imap/notls] as [email protected] [on line 258 of "/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]
    Feb 12 08:48:59 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 94.20.7.30 to 94.20.94.130:143[imap/notls] as [email protected] [on line 258 of "/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]
    Feb 12 08:51:01 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 94.20.7.30 to 94.20.94.130:143[imap/notls] as [email protected] [on line 258 of "/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

configuration :
    /etc/imapd.conf
    ----------------------------------configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
    servername: TDS-IMAP/POP3
    partition-default: /var/spool/imap
    virtdomains: on
    defaultdomain: tdir.delta-telecom.net
    admins: [email protected]
    postmaster: [email protected]
    quotawarn: 85
    lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 1
    lmtp_strict_quota: 1
    autocreatequota: 10240
    createonpost: 1
    autocreateinboxfolders: sent-mail|drafts|spam|trash
    autosubscribeinboxfolders: sent-mail|drafts|spam|trash
    autocreate_sieve_script: /etc/default_sieve
    autocreate_sieve_compiledscript: /etc/default_sieve_script.bc
    sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
    md5_dir: /var/lib/imap/md5
    #sievenotifier: sms
    #sendsms: /usr/bin/mysmsprog
    sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
    hashimapspool: true
    sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
    sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
    allowplainwithouttls: 0
    tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
    tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
    tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
    loglevel: info

-----------------
    OS Centos 5.4
    Please help

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  6. rooff

rooff New Member

More

I find this .

/var/log/secure

Feb 12 09:15:45 localhost saslauthd[3172]: pam_mysql - MySQL error (Access denied for user 'horde'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
    Feb 12 09:15:48 localhost saslauthd[3174]: pam_mysql - MySQL error (Access denied for user 'horde'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
    Feb 12 09:15:48 localhost saslauthd[3176]: pam_mysql - MySQL error (Access denied for user 'horde'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
    Feb 12 09:15:51 localhost saslauthd[3178]: pam_mysql - MySQL error (Access denied for user 'horde'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
    Feb 12 09:15:51 localhost saslauthd[3180]: pam_mysql - MySQL error (Access denied for user 'horde'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
    Feb 12 09:15:54 localhost saslauthd[3182]: pam_mysql - MySQL error (Access denied for user 'horde'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

7. topdog

topdog Active Member

The password pam is using to connect to the database is not correct fix that and you will be sorted.

8. rooff

rooff New Member

new problem

Every think is work .
    but when try to send mail there an error :
    /var/log/exim/panic.log
    -----------------------------
    2010-02-13 00:37:00 1Ng2G4-0003D5-0w malware acl condition: clamd: ClamAV returned /var/spool/exim/scan/1Ng2G4-0003D5-0w: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR

Please help.

9. topdog

topdog Active Member

Please read post 101 above.

10. rooff

rooff New Member

Thanks

Thanks it is work .

11. rooff

rooff New Member

New problem

When I send mail . Mail is send. But there one more error .

The folder "sent-mail" was not created. This is what the server said: Permission denied

When I try to create sent-mail folder this error
    The folder "ddd" was not created. This is what the server said: Permission denied

------------
    please help

12. topdog

topdog Active Member

Please check your logs.

13. rooff

rooff New Member

log

which log i must to look ?
    and more again .
    Mail box is 10.00MB
    how can increase quota ?

thanks .

14. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The mail log is in the /var/log/ directory.

15. topdog

topdog Active Member

The default quota is set in your imapd.conf file, to change the quota on an existing mailbox you need to use cyradm to set the quota.

16. Alex Ravens

Alex Ravens New Member

There was a problem with the mail server: mail server is working properly, but there is one problem, if I like sending an email to [email protected] it comes, and if [email protected], it is also coming, but in a different directory user.Pupkin, when I go through the web interface I do not see letters to the incoming directory, but I see them in the directory below Neighbor user.Pupkin. Also, if you hook the email client I can not get letters that are in the folder user.Pupkin. If anyone knows how to help, not hinder explain where and what to tweak. Below is part of the config:
    Code:
     localuser: 
    driver = accept 
    local_parts = ${lookup mysql {SELECT REPLACE(user_uid,'${quote_mysql:@$domain}','') \ 
             as user FROM horde_users WHERE user_uid='${quote_mysql:${lc:$local_part}@$domain}'}{$value}} 
    #check_local_user 
    #transport = local_delivery 
    transport = lmtp_delivery 
    cannot_route_message = Unknown user 
    # local_part_suffix = +* : -* 
    # local_part_suffix_optional
    Here's another screen web interface
    [​IMG][/URL]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  17. topdog

topdog Active Member

set this option in your imapd.conf file.

Code:
    lmtp_downcase_rcpt: 1

18. Alex Ravens

Alex Ravens New Member

Thank you very much! Everything work.

19. jricker

jricker New Member

cannot find router driver "lmtp"

I am not that new to Linux (but not an expert either), but this has been my first time setting up Exim and the other components noted in topdog's How To article. I also ran into a few errors that I had to resolve by searching on the Internet...nothing too serious though. But I am receiving an error near the completion of the How To article that has me really stumped. I'm sure it's something easy, or something I missed, but I can't quite find the right solution through googling.

The place where I get the error is when I try to restart the exim service. I took a screenshot of the error message and the line of code that the error references in the exim.conf file.

[​IMG]

I am unfamiliar with exim configuration so I don't know exactly what the problem is. I have read through the exim documentation that talks about transports, routers, etc. and still am unsure what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
    -j

Attached Files:

20. topdog

topdog Active Member

I am guessing that the Centos 5.4 package has changed the packaging making transports a module, but i will check

can you provide the output of this command ?

Code:
    rpm -ql exim