ISPConfig 3.0.2.1 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Mar 22, 2010.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3.0.2.1 is available for download. This release fixes some bugs that were found in ISPConfig 3.0.2. For a detailed list of changes, please see the changelog section below.

Download
    -----------------------------------------------------

The software can be downloaded here:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ispconfig/ISPConfig-3.0.2.1.tar.gz?use_mirror=

Changelog
    ------------------------------------

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=index&tasks=&project=3&due=43&status[]=

Known Issues:
    --------------------------------------

Please take a look at the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

BUG Reporting
    --------------------------------------

Please report bugs to the ISPConfig bugtracking system:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

Supported Linux Distributions
    -----------------------------
    - Debian Etch (4.0) - Lenny (5.0)
    - Ubuntu 7.10 - 9.10
    - OpenSuSE 11 - 11.2
    - CentOS 5.2 - 5.4
    - Fedora 9 - 12

Installation
    --------------------

The installation instructions for ISPConfig can be found here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/documentation.htm

or in the text files (named INSTALL_*.txt) which are inside the docs folder of the .tar.gz file.

Update
    --------------------

To update existing ISPConfig 3 installations, run this command on the shell:

ispconfig_update.sh

select "stable" as update resource. The script will check if an updated version of ISPConfig 3 is available and then download the tar.gz and start the setup script.

Detailed instructions for making a backup before you update can be found here:

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/controlpanels/ispconfig3/how-to-update-ispconfig-3/

If the ISPConfig version on your server does not have this script yet, follow the manual update instructions below.

Manual update instructions
    --------------------------

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

As usual no problem for me updating my Debian Lenny systems with "ispconfig_update.sh"

Thank you.

3. yoplait

yoplait Member

The same for me. No problem on OVH lenny.

I was just wondering about the "crontab configuration" ... So I said "no". Does it change the root crontab ? a crontab file in etc ? ..

4. till

The update script exports the root rontab with:

crontab -u root -l > crontab.txt

then it checks if the nescessary crontabs are in that file and afterwards it reimports the crontab with the crontab command.

5. yoplait

yoplait Member

Ok so it doesn't modify anything that I've put by myself.
    Thanks you for the answer !

edit : how can I do the update process now it's done ?
    If I launch the script again, it tells me "There are no updates available for ISPConfig 3.0.2.1"..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Upgrade from ISPConfig 3.0.2 to 3.0.2.1 successful

Thank you Till for this bugfix release. I just upgraded all my ISPConfig 3 servers without any problems.

7. Germanius

Germanius Member

See Manual update instructions.

8. thibotus01

thibotus01 Member

Hi,

I think there is problem when the port of ispconfig is asked.
    I entered 443.
    He addedd at the end "Listen 443" in ports.conf
    And my apache was down! Impossible to start

I got

(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443
    (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443

Here my ports.conf:

So, I removed "listen 443", and Apache can start normaly and my websites work well.
    But not the ispconfig pannel, I got a SSL error message in my browser.

Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long

So I think there is a mix up when we do have multiple IP... I'm kind of lost, I don't know where to look now.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  9. till

You used a port that is already in use by another website or daemon which caused apache to fail. It is required that you enter a port that is reservecd for ispconfig and not a port like 443 which is in use by apache alraedy for the normal websites.

To fix this, edit the ispconfig*.conf files in the sites-available directory and change the port there to a port that is not in use e.g. 8080. Then restart apache.

10. thibotus01

thibotus01 Member

It worked well before the update. I use ispconfig on a specific IP, so I can clearly use the 443 port.

there is nothing in ispconfig.conf. You mean .vhost ?

# Listen 443
    NameVirtualHost *:443

But that's should be this! Cause my ispconfig is only accessible in https.

11. till

But this setup was not created by ispconfig nor that its supported. As I explained above, it is an requirement by the installer that you use a dedicated port for ispconfig.

If you use a custom setup for the ispconfig vhost, you have to restore that vhost after an update manually and compyre your setup with the files created by ispconfig to ensure that your setup is still compatible with the new ispconfig release.

12. thibotus01

thibotus01 Member

Ok I see. So what should I do? update.sh again?

13. goebelmeier

goebelmeier New Member

Update from 3.2 to 3.2.1 ran fine. Thanks for this bugfix release.

14. andypl

andypl Member

web page traffic

Now ISPConfig web page correctly blocked if it exceeds the limit good job :) but I have a question ISPConfig can set the page with the information that the site was blocked and not the default Apache page?
    Traffic limit applies to the period of one month or for the entire year?

15. till

If you like to switch ispconfig to a free and dedicated port, install the update again by following the manual update instructions from the release notes. If you want to use your custom IP based setup, then redo the changes that you did non the ispconfig vhost that are nescessary for your kind of setup.

16. till

No. The site gets disabled when the quota is reached.

The the traffic is on a monthly basis.

17. thibotus01

thibotus01 Member

I don't remember the changes I did lol. It was like the ispconfig 3 first release was out...
    I'm gonna try to look to the backup files /etc/apache2

Edit :
    It's good now :) Because the update restore the default one. I had to add in ispconfig.vhost :

SSLEngine On
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/private/apache.pem

thanks for help

18. TomStage

TomStage New Member

Hi Till and every one else

First off Nice job on ISPConfig 3.

I have this installed on a CentOS 5.4 with every thing running fine.

However i can not seem to find the possibility to add secondary servers, there is no new server button.

I am also running Bind9 in a chrooted environment and that present a problem with the ISPConfig interface to bind, since the path strings are wrong, and i have to manually change them to fit this, would it be possible to add functions for this?

19. bolek2000

bolek2000 New Member

Change of mysql root user

Hi,

I changed the mysql root user a while ago, so it is not root@localhost anymore. I updated the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf file, but the update script seems not to recognize this (not sure if this is the right place).
    How can I tell the update script to use a different user, or is root a must ?

20. till

The username 'root' for the root user is a must. If you changed the name of your root user, you should add a new user with root priveliges and the username 'root' before you update your ispconfig install.