Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 9.10)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by addiakogiannis, Mar 28, 2010.

1. addiakogiannis

addiakogiannis New Member

Hi,
    Is there any way to apply the quota patch without reconfigurig the server and all of its config files?

I have everything working like a charm but an update removed the quota patch. :(

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. addiakogiannis

hi and thanks for the reply, what do you mean to put postfix on hold?

4. falko

If you put it on hold, it won't be updated when you update your system, so you don't lose the quota patch. :)

5. mischike

mischike New Member

Thank you for your howto!

I managed to install everything as described and it works like a charm, just one tiny issue:

when I send an initializing email to a newly created account, the 'Trash', 'Drafts', 'Sent' folders are not created, only the 'Inbox'. What did I do wrong?

Cheers,
    Michael

6. addiakogiannis

Changed Server

Hi,
    I had the setup and it was working great in ex. server1.example.com

Decited to move to google ups and everything was well, the server was continuing to serve ar mail mailserver for all my webapps BUT I found out that when I tried to send an email to a domain that this server was originaly set-up (server1.example.com) the email ends up in a local mail box.

Is there any way to tell the server that server1.example.com mails must be delivered elsewere? All the MX reccords and DNS are ok (I think)

Thanks!

7. falko

You can use Postfix transports for this.