Remove attachment renaming

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Mole, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Mole

Mole New Member

Hello!

I have: Standard ispconfig v.2.2.24.; OpenSUSE 10.3; ClamAV, SpamAssissan, Proftp, Postfix.
    Current situation: I receive mails with attachment, that are renamed from test.doc to test.XXXDEFANGED-doc (where XXXX are No. 0-9)!

Question:How and what I have to configure, that attachments are not changed (or only changed exe, com etc, what I want to)?

Thank You!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Uncheck the "Mailscan" checkbox in the email account settings of the users.

3. CubAfull

CubAfull Member

change this line in
    Code:
    /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/html-trap.rc.master
    Code:
    MANGLE_EXTENSIONS='html?|exe|com|cmd|bat|pif|sc[rt]|lnk|dll|ocx|[COLOR="Red"]do[ct][/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]xl[swt][/COLOR]|p[po]t|rtf|vb[se]?|hta|p[lm]|sh[bs]|hlp|chm|eml|ws[cfh]|ad[ep]|jse?|md[abew]|ms[ip]|reg|as[dfx]|c[ip]l|pps|wm[avszdf]|vcf|nws|wsz|\{[-0-9a-f]+\}'
    to

Code:
    MANGLE_EXTENSIONS='html?|exe|com|cmd|bat|pif|sc[rt]|lnk|dll|ocx|dot|xl[wt]|p[po]t|rtf|vb[se]?|hta|p[lm]|sh[bs]|hlp|chm|eml|ws[cfh]|ad[ep]|jse?|md[abew]|ms[ip]|reg|as[dfx]|c[ip]l|pps|wm[avszdf]|vcf|nws|wsz|\{[-0-9a-f]+\}'

4. Mole

Mole New Member

Code:
    Uncheck the "Mailscan" checkbox in the email account settings of the users.
    But this disables SPAM scan to entire e-mail address at all, doesn't it?

Code:
    MANGLE_EXTENSIONS='html?|exe|com|cmd|bat|pif|sc[rt]|lnk|dll|ocx|dot|xl[wt]|p[po]t|rtf|vb[se]?|hta|p[lm]|sh[bs]|hlp|chm|eml|ws[cfh]|ad[ep]|jse?|md[abew]|ms[ip]|reg|as[dfx]|c[ip]l|pps|wm[avszdf]|vcf|nws|wsz|\{[-0-9a-f]+\}'
    Do not work - I've changed appropriate line, but attachments continue be defanged! :confused:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  5. till

No, this has nothing to do with spam scanning. This is the email sanitizer which is there to rename attachemnats and remove potentially harmful content from email messages.

6. peterj

peterj New Member

X-Security stopping spam check

Till,
    Sorry to revive the old thread, but it does pertain to my problem I am running into.

Whenever the sanitizer runs, it places the X-Security in the header, however the spam check is skipped. It took me a while to notice the pattern. So, X-Spam-Checker and X-Spam status are missing from the header. By the way, the Mailscan option is not checked.

Is this intended or am I missing something else? Is there a way to prioritize the spam check ahead of sanitizer?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  7. till

The sanitizer is the mailscan option, so the sanitizer does not run if the mailscan option is not enabled for this mailbox. You can check this in the procmailrc file in the home directory of the user.