Maildrop blocked

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by Brian_A, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Brian_A

Brian_A New Member

I guess this should go in this forum. I not sure we did anything to the server but now no mailboxes can be written to. The mail queue reports this message and I'm at a complete loss to know what to do about it.

(temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to open mailbox.)

Any help at all would be much appreciated

BrianA

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which distribution do you use? Which tutorial (URL) did you use to set up the system?
    Do you use ISPConfig 3?

3. Brian_A

Brian_A New Member

4. Brian_A

Brian_A New Member

I found another forum thread talking about this problem.

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42935, so I tried this

"This appears related to a maildrop package update pushed out in the last day or two. I was able to downgrade it using this command:

aptitude install maildrop=2.0.4-3

Then do this:

postfix flush

And now my queues are flushing fine. I am also using the following command to prevent this from re-updating, which I will 'unhold' at some point in the future when I see the issue has been resolved...

aptitude hold maildrop

Good luck folks, I had a lot of mail getting queued but seems OK now. "

This unblocked the mail in the queues but the same problem returned the next day

BrianA

5. Brian_A

Brian_A New Member

Hi

So this is strange. I reinstall maildrop version 2.0.4-3, flush postfix and then the problem seems solved. The mail in the queue is delivered and so is new mail, but some time later the problem reappears and I cannot see what has been changed by what.

We are using ISPConfig version 3.0.1.4 is there something here that can change the setup?

BrianA

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

7. Brian_A

Brian_A New Member

Hi

I have now. So we'll see what happens. I'd be much more comfortable if I had an idea what it was that was conflicting.
    BrianA

8. anjoina

anjoina New Member

I cant open drop downs because because I get a msg saying pop up blocked but the settings seem fine, nor can I delete spam msgs..I have removed and re-installled BT Broadband software without any joy

9. neda_zzz01

neda_zzz01 New Member

exactly , i have this problem