Doesn't create /var/www/clients/* directories

Discussion in 'General' started by kbo206, May 25, 2010.

1. kbo206

kbo206 New Member

When I create a new client as "admin" in ISPConfig, it does nothing that I can see in /var/www/clients/. Even when I add a new site, it says it's been made and shows up in ISPConfig. But there is no change to the clients directory. It even claims to have set up a new user for it. I checked the settings for it and it sets the open_basedir to where it should be. eg: /var/www/clients/client*/web* None of that exists. It just sorta stopped working...

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with Apache 2.2.14 (Ubuntu), and PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.2 with Suhosin-Patch.

2. Do you get any log errors?

3. jmontoya

jmontoya New Member

Same problem

I have the same problem I have this notices...

I use a fresh installation of Ubuntu 10.04

[Tue May 25 15:45:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined index: on_after_insert in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/plugin.inc.php on line 140, referer: http://server1.example.com:8080/index.php
    [Tue May 25 15:45:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined index: sites:eek:n_after_insert in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/plugin.inc.php on line 140, referer: http://server1.example.com:8080/index.php
    [Tue May 25 15:45:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined index: sites:web_domain:eek:n_after_insert in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/plugin.inc.php on line 140, referer: http://server1.example.com:8080/index.php
    [Tue May 25 15:45:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined index: return_to_url in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform_actions.inc.php on line 218, referer: http://server1.example.com:8080/index.php

4. jmontoya

jmontoya New Member

Works but...

I also follow the tutorial http://badbison.com/ispconfig3/my-first-site.html
    But I have the same thing here:

/etc/apache2/sites-available$ ls
    apps.vhost default default-ssl ispconfig.conf ispconfig.vhost

Then what I did was execute:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server# php5 cron_daily.php
    and
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server# ./server.sh

Then everything works:

I have the /var/www/myfirstsite.com and then the /etc/apache2/sites-available/myfirstsite.com.vhost

and I added the myfirstsite.com to my etc/hosts file (I'm working with a virtualbox machine) and I have the welcome message.

How can I check that the ispconfig demon is on?

I check the crontab -e but I have a empty file there.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3 has no daemon, these scripts are run by the cron daemon of the Linux system.

Please make sure that cron is installed on your server and that it is started. Then run:

crontab -l

as root user. If it does not list the ispconfig cronjobs then ispconfig is not properly installed. In this case run the ispconfig update again (see release notes for the manual update instructions) and choose to reconfigure services to correct that.

6. ISPConfig 3 does not run as a daemon. You are confusing it with ISPConfig 2.
    I would assume that if you run server.sh and it is working ok then all you need to do is setup the cron jobs.

This is my crontab if it helps:

Code:
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh > /dev/null 2>> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log
    30 00 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh > /dev/null 2>> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log
    Did you follow a guide to setup the box?

7. kbo206

kbo206 New Member

I've checked that and everything seems to be running. Could it be a permissions problem?

8. cheddarbob

cheddarbob New Member

Having same trouble as kbo206

It has been four days and I am unable to figure out the problem. I have Ubuntu server 10 as host running vmware server 2.0. I have 5 vm guests running Debian 5 that are configured along this guide ==> (http://www.howtoforge.com/installin...tabase-servers-on-debian-5.0-with-ispconfig-3) . Among the 5 vm's, the master has been able to update only one of the remaining servers but not folders are being created on the master or any of the other servers when I create a client and/or site from the ispconfig cpanel. I have tried all that has been listed under this thread and maybe a few others. Could it be that I cloned all of my vm's from one image?? Please someone give me some insight. Thank you all in advance!

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you see any errors in the logs in the "Monitor" module?

10. cheddarbob

cheddarbob New Member

Thank you for responding falko. Before you replied, I removed Ubuntu 10.04 and put Debian 5 on my server. I am going to reuse the clones from the previous installation and see if I have the same problem. Again, thank you for your time. I will post my results.

11. cheddarbob

cheddarbob New Member

Same problem...

I did a fresh install of for all vm's and I am still having the problem. On the one of the web servers I checked the cron log for ispconfig and there is an error that says: (chmod: cannot access `/var/log/ispconfig/httpd/*': No such file or directory) I am baffled by this because I had this working about month ago with debian 5 as host server! On my host server, I changed from debian(same problem) to ubuntu 10 server(same problem) then installed esx 3.5 and have 5 vm guests there(same problem). Each vm virtual drive is using lvm2. Could this be the problem? Nothing gets written to any of the vm's! Please help. I will be patient. Thanks to anyone with advice.

12. cheddarbob

cheddarbob New Member

Almost working??

I initially thought it was not working at all because I created a reseller account(client 1) and thought that I should see the clients(client 1) directory on the web server(web server 1) that I assigned the account to. But I did not see the clients(client 1) directory and assumed the problem continued to exist. So then I created another client(client 2) but assigned a different web server(web server 2) as its default and it works for the second client(client 2).
    I am able to see the database records updated for (web server 1) from phpmyadmin but no directories are being created on the web server(web server 1).

I hope that I am making sense...If I need to explain it a little better or different, please let me know.

13. cheddarbob

cheddarbob New Member

Problem Solved!

ISPconfig was switching the order of my network interfaces. For example,

I would have this:
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
    address 10.0.0.1 #host ip address in mysql
    netmask 255.0.0.0
    network 10.0.0.0
    broadcast 10.255.255.255
    gateway 10.0.0.1

auto eth0:0
    iface eth0:0 inet static
    address 10.0.0.2 #additional ip
    netmask 255.0.0.0
    network 10.0.0.0
    broadcast 10.255.255.255
    gateway 10.0.0.1
    auto eth0:1
    iface eth0:1 inet static
    address 10.0.0.3 #additional ip
    netmask 255.0.0.0
    network 10.0.0.0
    broadcast 10.255.255.255
    gateway 10.0.0.1

And ispconfig would switch the order as in:
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
    address 10.0.0.3
    netmask 255.0.0.0
    network 10.0.0.0
    broadcast 10.255.255.255
    gateway 10.0.0.1

auto eth0:0
    iface eth0:0 inet static
    address 10.0.0.2 #additional ip
    netmask 255.0.0.0
    network 10.0.0.0
    broadcast 10.255.255.255
    gateway 10.0.0.1
    auto eth0:1
    iface eth0:1 inet static
    address 10.0.0.1 #additional ip
    netmask 255.0.0.0
    network 10.0.0.0
    broadcast 10.255.255.255
    gateway 10.0.0.1

I have not figured a way to keep ispconfig from switching the order of my interfaces, so I have to manually switch them back. But it is working!!! Thank you all for spending the time to think about it.