Jailkit - Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by HyperAtom, Aug 29, 2010.

1. HyperAtom

HyperAtom New Member

Dear all. On creating a new jailkited user for a specific website, new folders appear in the website directory for that site, is this normal? Below are some screenshots of it happening;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats normal. Ever jail as to contain all files and folders that are needed by the applications that should run inside the chroot enviroment.

3. HyperAtom

HyperAtom New Member

thank you till, also I checked my cron log and im getting this;

mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/www/clients/client0/web5/var': File exists
    mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/www/clients/client0/web5/var/run': File exists
    ln: creating hard link `/var/www/clients/client0/web5/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' => `/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock': Invalid cross-device link
    usermod: user default_test2 is currently logged in
    failed to execute usermod -d /var/www/clients/client0/web5/. -s /usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh default_test2
    failed to modify user default_test2
    usermod: user default_test2 is currently logged in
    usermod: user web5 is currently logged in

Does this also seem normal to you?

4. till

1) You were logged in with that user while you edited user settings which caused usermod to fail.
    2) your mysql database tables are on another harddrive partition then the /var/www directories which will cause mysql tools to fail inside the jail.

5. HyperAtom

HyperAtom New Member

It cannot be any of those possibilities, I just tested creating another shell user with no users logged into any service for over 10 minutes.

failed to execute usermod -d /var/www/clients/client0/web1/. -s /usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh default_test3
    failed to modify user default_test3
    usermod: user default_test3 is currently logged in
    usermod: user web1 is currently logged in

Jailkit is installed as instructed in the perfect server guide for Ubuntu 10.04. Using ISPConfig 3.0.3 beta.

6. till

You see the error message yourself, according to usermod there must be a shell user of this website be logged in. Maybe a user has not been logged out correctly or so. Reboot the server and try again.

7. HyperAtom

HyperAtom New Member

Thank you till, that seemed to do the trick. I don't know how a user must have stayed logged in though, I use 'exit' after finishing a shell session always. Jailkit doesn't allow 'logout' like I would use on my root shell.