incoming mail has stopped

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by darthpaul, Apr 25, 2006.

1. darthpaul

darthpaul New Member

we've been running ispconfig for a few months now and aside from a few minor issues it has run fine. A couple things keep coming up though and today I cannot receive any emails.

1.) The recycle bin will never empty.
    2.) My changes to aliases or autoresponse sometimes do not take effect

Right now the web interface for ispconfig shows me all the correct email accounts and aliases, but the /etc/postfix/virtusertable is blank so there are no incoming email accounts that ispconfig is seeing. Are all these issues related? What can I do to force ispconfig to write out a good virtusertable from the web interface?

Dave

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /root/isponfig
    ? Are there any errors in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/ispconfig.log?

3. darthpaul

darthpaul New Member

as requested...

There were no errors in the log file. HEre is the list of the ispconfig directory:

.ispconfig_lock
    .old_path_httpd_root
    cronolog
    cronosplit
    httpd
    isp
    list1.txt
    openssl
    php
    scripts
    standard_cgis
    sv
    uninstall

4. darthpaul

darthpaul New Member

one more

I found a command in the forums for rebuilding the virtusertable called postmap. This has fixed the incoming mail issue, but once I logged into the web interface, the recycle bin is still not empty.

It seems the issues I have run into most are the virtusertable becoming corrupt and the recycle bin not emptying. Last week I audited the user accounts and aliases using the web interface and deleted two accounts. None of my changes took effect until I forced the update using postmap and the recycle bin still will not empty the deleted accounts.

Am I missing something?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is locked (maybe because of some abnormal termination).
    Please do this:
    Code:
    rm -f /root/ispconfig/.ispconfig_lock

6. darthpaul

darthpaul New Member

lock file

I deleted the lock file and emptied the recycle bin from the web interface. Another lock file was created and the recycle bin still has the account I wish to remove.

Is there an additional resource that explains when lock files are created and why?

As far as the trouble I am having with the virtusertable, what does the web interface use to display the current accounts and aliases? It seems the web interface is always giving me correct information even when the virtuser table does not. What other tools are there for forcing ispconfig to use the account and alias information displayed in the web interface?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please delete the lock file and then run the command:

/root/ispconfig/php/php -q /root/ispconfig/scripts/writeconf.php

Did you get a segfault?

8. darthpaul

darthpaul New Member

ran the command

And got this result:

ls: /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
    start
    Segmentation fault

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

10. darthpaul

darthpaul New Member

That did it!

Much obliged for all your help. Now the recycle bin can empty and the virtusertable shows the deleted accounts have been removed.

Thanks again.