Blank Page After SquirrelMail Login

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by cejohnsonsr, Oct 3, 2010.

1. cejohnsonsr

cejohnsonsr New Member

Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 10.04) - Page 5

I've followed the above howto with no problems at all. Every test has worked as expected. SquirrelMail, however, produces a blank page. The URL is:

http://www.MYSERVER.com/squirrelmail/src/webmail.php

configtest.php produces the following:

Code:
    SquirrelMail version:    1.4.20
    Config file version:    1.4.0
    Config file last modified:    03 October 2010 16:21:02
    Checking PHP configuration...
        PHP version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.5 OK.
        display_errors:
        error_reporting: 22527
        variables_order OK: GPCS.
        PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is disabled.
    Checking paths...
        Data dir OK.
        Attachment dir OK.
        Plugins OK.
        Themes OK.
        Default language OK.
        Base URL detected as: http://localhost/squirrelmail/src (location base autodetected)
    Checking outgoing mail service....
        SMTP server OK (220 mail.cuttinej.com ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu))
    Checking IMAP service....
        IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2008 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.)
        Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS
    Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
         gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must have appropriate system locales compiled.
         mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
         recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
         iconv - Iconv functions are available.
         timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
    Checking database functions...
        not using database functionality.
    I see that the test reports no database functionality although I followed the instructions precisely.

Does anyone see anything here that might explain why I'm getting a blank page instead of seeing the mail?

Thanks,

Ed

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please make sure that you introduced no PHP syntax error when you modified the config.php file of the change_sqlpass plugin.

3. cejohnsonsr

cejohnsonsr New Member

Hi falko,

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. There were no errors in the php. I copied & pasted from the HowTo this time just to be sure.

While I was looking around for possible answers I discovered your HowTo for Fedora 13x64. Since I have virtually no experience with Debian & I prefer RedHat/Fedora anyway, I decided to try to set up the Fedora version. So far so good. I do have a few questions, but I'll post those under a new, appropriate thread.

Thanks,

Ed

4. cejohnsonsr

cejohnsonsr New Member

Solved my own problem (again)

After rebuilding the system on Fedora 13x64 I had the same problem. /etc/httpd/conf.d contains specific configurations for various modules & software. In this case, mod_ssl & squirrelmail. The problem is that apache loads the configurations in the order they are listed in the directory (i.e. alphabetically), so ssl.conf was loaded after squirrelmail.conf (which depends on mod_ssl). The fix is to rename ssl.conf to mod_ssl.conf. It is also necessary to change ServerName to your main (or vitual) server's name. In my specific environment it was also necessary to open up port 443 on my router & to forward port 443 to the server on my local network.

Ed

5. mazao

mazao New Member

I met this problem before. But the problem is resolved. I do follow all the tutorial, but can not log in, only blank page after login. What i did is added these 2 lines to /etc/squirrelmail/config.php

$plugins[0] = 'compatibility';
    $plugins[1] = 'change_sqlpass';

I think it (The script "/usr/sbin/squirrelmail-configure" from squirrelmail 1.4.15) has a bug. It forgets to add those 2 plugins though I did do it.

Check the script yourself make sure it 's there.The problem will be gone.
    Bye