ISPConfig 3.0.3 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

It might be a database permission issue indeed (as we discussed earlier, during upgrading my system) but i can not see any stats on the master AND slave server as well.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you selected to reconfigure services during update? (not database permissions, which is a different option that we talked about).

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I thought so Till, but iḿ not so sure.
    I accepted the default options i think but as you know i did not redefine the db permissions.

I must say sometimes for some sites the stats appear for a short moment but the values are changing in "B" again. I use journaled quota on all servers.

4. Sinchan

Sinchan New Member

hi all,
    my server is still using ispconfig 3.0.2.1
    can i do automatic update to ispconfig 3.0.3 without update to ispconfig 3.0.2.2 first ?
    Thank you in advance

5. till

Yes, you can update directly to 3.0.3

6. Toucan

Toucan Member

Slave Server permissions

I updated the slave first and then the master.

I'm getting these warnings on the slave mirror:

Using phpmyadmin 'ispcsrv2'@'192.168.0.101' has usage only permissions. Is this correct?

Thanks

David

7. Nikola

Nikola Member

8. till

Have you selected to update the database permissions on the slave and master when you installed the update?

9. Toucan

Toucan Member

I accepted the defaults on the upgrade script, which I don't think did opt to reconfigure permissions. If you thinkthis is the issue is there a way I can run the configuration script again?

10. till

Please redo the update on the slave by following the manual update instructions that are found in the release notes (first post of this thread) and then select to reconfigure permissions during update.

11. Toucan

Toucan Member

Till,

Thanks, I 'think' that has done the trick. The warning log has 68 pages of these warnings though, how do i clear the log to check to make sure no new ones come please?

12. Toucan

Toucan Member

This is driving me crazy, I'm trying to get rid of 68 pages of warning pages for a problem that is no longer there. I'm thinking the log i need to clear is in /var/log as when I renamed this to something else the problem went away, which log is it i need to remove or clear ?

13. drewb0y

drewb0y Member

In running ispconfig_update.sh from an installed 3.0.3 RC1 server I get the following
    Code:
    There are no updates available for ISPConfig 3.0.3
    Should I run the update manually? I do not want to miss any new features added since RC1.

Also what is the suggested method to clear out the log files if you want to start fresh? Monitor shows my system log as 11873 pages and does not seem to be updating.

Should i just use > logfilename

or logrotate?

Thanks

14. Nicram

Nicram Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes, update mnual instructions are for You.
    About logfiles i would recoomend You lgo rotation uslong newsyslog or syslog (depend on Your OS). It may rotate logs if they got specified size, or at specified time etc.

15. till

The logfiles created by ispconfig get rotated by ispconfig automatically, especially as the system log is not a file, its a database table. You should check your server settings and ensure that you selected loglevel "Error" and not Debug. The Dubug setting should only be used on development systems and when you try to find a config problem but not as regular logging setting.

16. drewb0y

drewb0y Member

Ok, that makes sense. I just got tired of seeing in the Monitor "errors in log file" when they are days old.

Any chance of adding a "Clear All Events" option in the interface?

Thanks

17. till

This is already a feature request in the bugtracker. But normally you never get any errors, so if you have errors, then there is a problem with your setup and you shpuld fix that.

18. drewb0y

drewb0y Member

I have actually fixed all of the errors now. I also manually deleted the error records through the interface after filtering to only show the errors. There were only 10 or so.

The warnings however are another story. There are a ton of them, and they are all from at least a week ago. Many duplicate warnings for a database error which has been resolved and a network misconfiguration which has also been resolved.

Next question is, should I just wait until all these warnings rotate out? What is the log rotation schedule? I know that I could also try to figure out how to make a query to remove the offending warnings, but that is a little outside of my expertise.

I think for now I will just be satisfied with no errors and warnings that are a week old.

Thanks for the great work and assistance Till and others!

19. itanium

itanium Member

Hi,

Same problem here. i checked permission on database. Try on test server to update ispconfig with php -q update.php and nothing on master or slave. Always a "B"

20. till

Make sure that you selected to reconfigure permission records during update. If you have not selected yes for that question, then there might be problems with master slave connection. Please redo the update then by following the manaul update instructions described in the first post.