Uploading Website Files to My Apache Server Via Webmin on my Centos 5.4 x86_64 Dedi

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by LinuxOnMyMac, Oct 16, 2010.

1. LinuxOnMyMac

LinuxOnMyMac New Member

I have website files from a website that was created a few years ago and I have uploaded them to my Apache webserver using the upload feature on Webmin. However, when I got to the website's address, I still get the Centos intro page. When I add the subdirectory, I get the files in the parent directory.

What am I doing wrong and should I be using FTP or some other method besides webmin to upload the website files to my webserver?

By the way, I can do this via Windows using Putty or some other software or Mac. I have both.

I look forward to your solutions-oriented feedback and suggestions.

Dahna
    The Lady Techie

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Are the files located in /var/www/html (the default Apache document root on CentOS) now?

I suggest you upload the files using FTP (e.g. with FileZilla) or SCP (e.g. with WinSCP on a Windows client).

3. LinuxOnMyMac

LinuxOnMyMac New Member

I'll try using one of those file uploaders. I'm getting an "Error 1606...." error when trying to install stuff on Windows so I'll try it on Mac.

I'll let you know happens.

Dahna
    The Lady Techie

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

WinSCP doesn't require any installation at all. You just download the binary (e.g. to your desktop) and then start it. :)