Can't access stats

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wxman, Sep 11, 2009.

1. wxman

wxman New Member

I've seen others asking this, but none of the solutions seem to work for me. I'm running a Drupal site, and I did make a stats password. When I go to the /stats directory I get a 403 error. The log says:
    Code:
    Directory index forbidden by Options directive

If I bypass the permissions in the apache conf file, opening up the directory for all to see:
    Code:
        <Directory /var/www/www.domainame.com/web/stats/>
            Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
            AllowOverride None
        </Directory>

I can get to the stats pages. The look fine, and are updating as expected. All the permissions are set correctly too. What else do I need to do?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Does accessing the stats directory work if you remove the drupal .htaccess file? if yes, you will have to find out which of the directives in the drupal file prevents the access to the stats directory.

3. wxman

wxman New Member

Even with the .htaccess file intact, I'm at least now getting a username/password request when I try to get in. The problem now is it shows me the directory structure instead of going to the index page.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And you are sure that you removed the complete joomla .htaccess file as it might define a different DirectoryIndex then the default one? If yes, then then check your apache2.conf or httpd.conf file that the DirectoryIndex directive contains index.htm and index.html

5. juan_g

juan_g New Member

Or editing this line of Drupal's web/.htaccess

Code:
    DirectoryIndex index.php
    to

Code:
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm
    Other possibility is to add a similar line to web/stats/.htaccess