ISPConfig 3.0.3 Crashes [MSIE Problems]

Discussion in 'General' started by tyler_d, Dec 16, 2010.

1. tyler_d

tyler_d New Member

We are running ISPConfig 3.0.3 and on occasion when we are adding a webpage the app appears to "disappear" ie. it is not running. The strange part is that there is nothing displayed within dmesg. Is this a known bug? are there other logs that we may check to further determine the error or cause?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Chris

2. viper

viper New Member

Did you use IE?
    I got the same Problem!
    FF works just fine!

3. mbsouth

mbsouth Member

Hi!

Same here, running ISPConfig 3.0.3 (not tested ISPConfig 3.0.3.1 yet) and IE 8.0.6001 German version. In this case Apache is crashing too.
    This happens occasionally and isn´t comprehensible.

mbsouth

4. tyler_d

tyler_d New Member

I.e.

yah, we have had this issue with Chrome.... problem being that it crashes the back-end, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I use (and do the development of) ispconfig on a debian server and use mostly chrome (win32) to access it and I had no crash until now. Also using the current IE8 did not cause a crash as I tested it now.

Which errors do you get in the global apache error.log?

6. tyler_d

tyler_d New Member

apache - error.log

the approximate time is...

[Tue Dec 14 14:22:29 2010] [error] [client ************] PHP Notice: Undefined index: sites:web_domain:eek:n_after_update in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/plugin.inc.php on line 140, referer: http://127.0.0.1:88/index.php
    [Tue Dec 14 14:22:29 2010] [error] [client ************] PHP Notice: Undefined index: return_to_url in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform_actions.inc.php on line 142, referer: http://127.0.0.1:88/index.php
    [Tue Dec 14 14:23:01 2010] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Tue Dec 14 14:23:01 2010] [notice] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/************/web/index.php(19660) exit(shutting down), terminated by calling exit(), return code: 255
    [Tue Dec 14 14:23:01 2010] [notice] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/************/web/index.php(24054) exit(shutting down), terminated by calling exit(), return code: 0
    [Tue Dec 14 14:23:01 2010] [notice] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/***********/web/index.php(25515) exit(shutting down), terminated by calling exit(), return code: 255
    [Tue Dec 14 14:23:02 2010] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
    [Tue Dec 14 14:23:02 2010] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
    [Tue Dec 14 14:23:02 2010] [notice] Digest: done

I must note, that due to security we are tunneling into the server, ie. port 88 locally redirects to 8080 on the system.

7. till

This seems to be a normal apache restart which has to be done done on config changes. As the ispconfig interface is running on the same apache webserver then the websites, it might be that it becomes unresponsible for a few seconds on apache restart.

8. tyler_d

tyler_d New Member

restart

however the process fails to start up afterwards... on this note, what is the script to start up the service manually?

9. till

That depends on the linux distribution. The apache start script is either:

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

or

/etc/init.d/httpd restart

10. mbsouth

mbsouth Member

Hi Till!

I did a fresh install (Lenny 64) yesterday, therefore I havn´t logfiles yet. Will post as soon as possible.

As I said above:
    I thought, just meet a simple Apache reload - this takes less than 1 second on my testserver - but no matter. In fact - Apache isn´t running after that.

The notification about the webserver crash came from our testusers who used IE8 (German) don´t know something about 32/64 bit versions. I'll be watching it at the next test.

Last question to myself: what has to do it with the users browser? Perhaps the cause is somewhere else.

mbsouth

Forgot this:
    Two user spoke of javascript errors in the file ??"scerigio.inc.php"??

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  11. till

ISPConfig uses a apache reload whenever possible. But some actions require a restart, especially ssl related changes.