Xen Cluster Management With Ganeti On Debian Lenny

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by kimmo, Sep 19, 2009.

1. kimmo

kimmo New Member

I'm following Falko 's "Xen Cluster Management With Ganeti On Debian Lenny" and run to kinda simple problem but cannot resolve it.

At the point "7 Adding node2.example.com To The Cluster" :

---------------------------------------------------------------
    vili3:~# gnt-node add vili4.domain.fi
    -- WARNING --
    Performing this operation is going to replace the ssh daemon keypair
    on the target machine (vili4.domain.fi) with the ones of the current one
    and grant full intra-cluster ssh root access to/from it

Failure: command execution error:
    Node 'vili4.domain.fi' claims it has a different hostname than the one the resolver gives: hostname mismatch, got vili4. Please fix and re-run this command.
    vili3:~#
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 nodes installed from scratch with same hardware. Reverse dns names are correct in nameservers, and /etc/hosts also.

"ssh [email protected]" works ok also. Any ideas ?

2. angeloalfa

angeloalfa New Member

I have your same problem...

3. angeloalfa

angeloalfa New Member

Era necessario

I have resolved:
    Was necessary also, the file /etc/hostname which configures the hostname of the system should contain node1.example.com and not just node1.
    Hello:D

4. emotioneu

emotioneu New Member

followed the how-to and just can't figure out why the command gnt-cluster verify gives me following output:

* Verifying global settings
    * Gathering data (1 nodes)
    * Verifying node emotion1.EMOTION
    - ERROR: ssh communication with node 'emotion1.EMOTION': hostname mismatch, got emotion1
    * Verifying orphan volumes

more than this - if i add an instance it just "seems" to work, but is in ERROR_down state if i try to connect.

tia for any help

emo

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What does
    Code:
    uname -n
    show on that node? It should be emotion1.EMOTION.

6. emotioneu

emotioneu New Member

hell yes ... hostname / uname -n was emotion1 although it should have been emotion.EMOTION ... i'm so :eek:

had tripple checked that but didn't realize it

big thx for that

anyway - now that the cluster is up and running - i can't add an instance.

gnt-instance add -t drbd -n emotion1.EMOTION:emotion2.EMOTION -o debootstrap -s 2500 --swap-size 256 -m 64 --kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-xen-686 --ip 192.168.1.111 inst1.EMOTION

the * creating instance disks... part takes years (*g*) and than finally fails and exits.

i looked at the lvm (with lvdisplay) and can see that those two disks are being created at node2 (emotion2) but nothing happens on node1 (emotion1).

seems strage to me - has anyone a clue of what i'm missing ...

error - (gnt-instance add)
    ##########
    Unhandled error in Deferred:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/spread/pb.py", line 526, in expressionReceived
    method(*sexp[1:])
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/spread/pb.py", line 895, in proto_answer
    d.callback(self.unserialize(netResult))
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 243, in callback
    self._startRunCallbacks(result)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 312, in _startRunCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
    --- <exception caught here> ---
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 328, in _runCallbacks
    self.result = callback(self.result, *args, **kw)
    File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/ganeti/rpc.py", line 94, in cb_done
    tb))
    ganeti.errors.RemoteError: Remote procedure error calling blockdev_create on emotion2.EMOTION:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/ganeti-noded", line 87, in perspectiveMessageReceived
    state = method(*args, **kw)
    File "/usr/sbin/ganeti-noded", line 104, in perspective_blockdev_create
    return backend.CreateBlockDevice(bdev, size, owner, on_primary, info)
    File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/ganeti/backend.py", line 839, in CreateBlockDevice
    " daemon logs" % errorstring)
    BlockDeviceError: Can't assemble device after creation, very unusual event - check the node daemon logs

failed to create volume sda (<DRBD8(hosts=emotion1.EMOTION-emotion2.EMOTION, port=11006, configured as 192.168.1.101:11006 192.168.1.100:11006, backend=<LogicalVolume(/dev/xenvg/76cd733a-2b01-4c5c-a60b-49beabd04ad1.sda_data, not visible, size=2500m)>, metadev=<LogicalVolume(/dev/xenvg/49369ca3-930f-426f-b023-8e408afd744e.sda_meta, not visible, size=128m)>, visible as /dev/sda, size=2500m)>) on secondary node emotion2.EMOTION!
    Failure: command execution error:
    Device creation failed, reverting...
    ##########