PHP ob_start and ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'General' started by faster, Feb 14, 2011.

1. faster

faster New Member

I am moving a php web app from one server to another.
    The web app crashes and gives an internal 500 error. Using: echo "test; exit(); I've isolated the error code to a ob_start(); call.

Is there any configurations that ISPConfig does that would interfere with the buffering of ob_start()?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post the exact error message that you get in the error.log of the website.

3. faster

faster New Member

/var/logs/apache2/error.log does not show any errors for the site I am debugging. I see items in the access.log but nothing in the error.log that corresponds with the time stamp in access.log.

Is there a away to turn on php or apache debugging to see where it is crapping out?

Thanks.

4. till

I'am talking about the error log of the website, not the global apache error.log file. Please go to the log directory of the website and take a look into the error.log that you find there.

5. faster

faster New Member

I see so ISPConfig dumps php errors into the error.log in the logs folder under each site. And then generates an error 500? This makes it much easier to see what is going on. I can see it is just a general PHP error then instead of a php/mysql error.

6. till

The error.log in the log folder of a website is the apache error.log for this vhost. So its not php specific, it just contains all errors that apache shows like 500 or 40x errors.