postfix.spec missing - Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix... (CentOS 5.3 x86_64)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by nwd, Jul 1, 2009.

1. nwd

nwd New Member

Hi,

I've been trying to follow the "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (CentOS 5.3 x86_64)" tutorial, but when it comes to the part where you need to edit the "/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/postfix.spec" file I found it's not there.

Anyone got any ideas?

Much appreciated,

Thanks

Chris

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    updatedb
    locate postfix.spec
    ?

3. cupcake

cupcake New Member

Hello,

I am also following this guide and have been stumped by the same problem. I have ran...
    Code:
    updatedb
    locate postfix.spec
    ...which did not return any results.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Justin

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you follow the tutorial to the letter? Did you notice any error messages in the setup process?

5. cupcake

cupcake New Member

I've worked it out...

Part 5 of the guide instructs to
    Code:
    wget http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos/5.3/os/SRPMS/postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2.src.rpm
    Which appears to be a broken link. In my attempts to locate a download source elsewhere I ended up downloading postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2.i386.rpm and not postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2.src.rpm.

I've since downloaded the correct (.src.rpm) version of the file from http://vault.centos.org/5.2/updates/SRPMS/postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2.src.rpm and have now been able to progress on to the next stage of the guide as the postfix.spec file is now present.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (literally letter for letter!) and hopefully this will assist others should they make the same silly mistake.

Many thanks,
    Justin