Bulk SMS gateway

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by dinesh.4126, Jul 6, 2009.

1. dinesh.4126

dinesh.4126 New Member

HI,
    In My Project we need to send Bulk sms related to weather information people who are located in coastal area using GSM Modem.So after net surfing I found that Kannel will send bulk SMS but will it compatible with GSM network.Platform we are using LINUX Debain.
    So kindly Suggest me upon this????

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

of course kannel is compartable, if you cared to read the documentation you will see that it supports most smsc protocols available you can even use a gsm modem.

3. dinesh.4126

dinesh.4126 New Member

Hi,
    Thanx for Reply.I had gone through mannual of kannel I had one doubt in smskannel.conf and wapkannel.conf is that I downloaded kannel from debain packages and only one configuartion is their kannel.conf inside /etc/kannel directory ,so will I need to edit only kannel.cong for SMS gateway because their is no smskannel.conf is genearted.

4. topdog

topdog Active Member

yes thats it.

5. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

ahrasis likes this.
  6. MySMS

MySMS New Member

7. Franz

Franz Member

Hi, my company also provide BULK (wold wide) and premium SMS for whole europe.

http://www.nth.ch

8. steveljohn8

steveljohn8 New Member

You may use the sms marketing software for this purpose.It will send sms in bulk where you want to send.;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  9. simrnz

simrnz New Member

ya sending bulk sms messages via software is the best method in my opinion. There are a lot of Free Bulk SMS text messaging softwares available for businesses to send marketing & advertising SMS messages to customers with mobile phone from PC.

10. indsms

indsms New Member

API Bulksms

Hi,

We provide API intergration.If u are still looking this facility.please send us your details.We build our s/w in linux only.

Regards,
    Kiran
    [email protected]

11. MichaelQ

MichaelQ New Member

Hi,
    I am not sure this can help you, but the ActiveExperts SMS Server
    http://activexperts.com/mmserver/
    is the software we use in the company i work for. We make use of huge amounths of Bulk SMS

12. edge

Looks like "ActiveExperts SMS Server" is Windows based.
    Most (all) users here use Linux as server OS.

13. MichaelQ

MichaelQ New Member

Maybe it can be used with Wine

14. edge

I do not think that any serious webserver admin will run Wine on a Linux server.

15. george897

george897 New Member

Yes, this is good SMS gateway to send bulk SMS, instead of this you can also take a service of any bulk SMS service provider company. They provide bulk SMS sending software at very affordable prices.

Subhashini likes this.
  16. ztk.me

ztk.me Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

hmm remembers me, I used mobilant.de quiet a while ... haven't looked into the site for several years, apperantly they are now part of cm.com ... hmm I wonder what happened to my account balance I still had :D But the web api is (still) great, soap api deprecated since last year :/
    Hmm they got the premium/quality route - no low cost sms avail anymore.

@SMS Delhi, so sad having annoying blinking images left/right of the site and couldn't find any source of information of costs without calling you? not even for low rates or just4fun sms? seriously? nope

edit: hmm cm took over smskaufen.com aswell - however they're still cheaper than cm themselves. But cm.com already lost my trust for closing my account without refunding my balance or even any notice.

Anyone know https://www.experttexting.com/ ?

@MySMS get rid of that default favicon you got there from plesk admin software :D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  17. RahulNath

RahulNath New Member

Hi,
    I thing MsgClub- Bulk SMS Service Provider will works for you-
    must try it !!