Cant receive emails Exim, MySQL,Cyrus-Imapd, Horde Webmail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by TitusKevin, Jun 9, 2011.

1. TitusKevin

TitusKevin New Member

Hi,

Hope you are well, am quit sure this is not the correct way to ask for help however i need your help as i continue to familiarize
    myself with howtoforge.com.

I recently followed the how to steps in setting up a Mail Server Setup With Exim, MySQL, Cyrus-Imapd, Horde Webmail On Centos

I can send emails, but i cant receive emails at all, whether i send within the same domain or from other

I have created an email account [email protected],

if i send an email to to its self i.e from [email protected] to [email protected], the email is not delivered to the inbox

when i check the /var/log/main.log

2011-06-09 11:51:18 1QUaxS-0008Pj-5I <= test@mydomain H=localhost [127.0.0.1] P=esmtp S=991 [email protected]
    2011-06-09 11:51:18 1QUaxS-0008Pj-5I lowest numbered MX record points to local host: mydomain.com
    2011-06-09 11:51:18 1QUaxS-0008Pj-5I == [email protected] R=dnslookup defer (-1): lowest numbered MX record points to local host
    2011-06-09 11:51:18 1QUaxS-0008Pj-5I Frozen

What am i missing ?

Kind Regards
    Titus Kevin

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please try to add a line in the /etc/hosts file for mydomain.com that points to the IP address of your server.

3. topdog

topdog Active Member

You need to add the domain name to you local_domains in exim.cf

Code:
    domainlist local_domains = @ : localhost : localhost.localdomain : mydomain.com

4. TitusKevin

TitusKevin New Member

Thanks Till for your quick response that was already in place, i somehow solved the issue, by changing some values in the exim.conf file.

Thanks again

You are right topdog, i had

domainlist local_domains = @ : localhost : localhost.localdomain : mail.mydomain.com

instead of

domainlist local_domains = @ : localhost : localhost.localdomain : mydomain.com

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011