Server load balancing

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by therobust, Jun 17, 2011.

1. therobust

therobust New Member

I have installed a zentyal server behind which i have configured two webservers.
    now i want to forward traffic on these two webservers from zentyal (connected to internet) with load balancing using apache feature of the zentyal.
    anybody here to help me with the same?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. therobust

therobust New Member

4. therobust

therobust New Member

mod_proxy_balancer module

but it would have been great if anybody had helped me with mod_proxy_balancer module configuration of apache.

5. falko

6. therobust

therobust New Member

little bit confusing

well, that is a good post but a bit confusing!
    can i use server local IPs instead of http1.exemple.com and http2.exepmle.com?
    i dont want to make the load balancing backend webserver dependent coz in future i need to make hell lot of changes with backend webservers. moreover my backend servers are WINDOWS based not linux based. Also, in future i am making stickyness more robust by implementing the same through backend DB servers. so it would have been great had the post stated which commands i need to omit to make it simple load balancer without stickyness...

Regards

7. therobust

therobust New Member

8. falko

Do you mean /etc/apache2/sites-available/default? I think you can give the file a different name, e.g. /etc/apache2/sites-available/www.example.com.vhost.

9. therobust

therobust New Member

replacing?

you mean i should rename the original file default?
    are you sure that we we will be able to load-balance our traffic?

anyways..i will try and let you know!
    thanks.

10. falko

No, leave the default file in its original state and create a new file for your vhost (e.g. /etc/apache2/sites-available/www.example.com.vhost).

11. therobust

therobust New Member

already tried

Thanks for reply,

Well... i tried that already and that doesn't work for me as my backend webservers are WINDOWS based so i doubt that may be creating any issue but when i tried ur formula mentioned here, it worked but the issue of default file getting restored...m totally confused!!!

Any idea what could be a posible feasible solution?

Regards