mail module doesnt work

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by matej, Aug 28, 2011.

1. matej

matej New Member

I've installed fresh ISP config 3 on Centos 6.0 (folowed perfect manual). Everything went fine, but when I login into ISPConfig panel and click into "Email" module (big icon in header) nothing hapens (ispconfing doesnt show list of email domains...). Sites, dns... everthing works well, just email doesn't work (same if I click domain/alisa, email-mailbox... doesn't show list).

Please help.

2. CSsab

CSsab New Member

Is postfix running?
    Is mysql running?

Check the outputs of:
    netstat -tap

3. matej

matej New Member

yes both of them are running.
    As I said, all other "modules" are working fine (so mysql works..), just when I click something inside "email" - it does show any list.
    In apache log I cannot find any error. Is there any other (ispconfig specific) log to look at?

4. CSsab

CSsab New Member

In Server -> services is your mail server showing as online?

Have you tried logging into ISPConfig with a different browser?

Yes you can try this:

sh /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh

If all is well it will say "finished."

Also to get a verbose output do this:

sh -x /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh

And post the outputs.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  5. matej

matej New Member

Output of cronjob is:

Code:
    + PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
    + /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php
    PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 120
    PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 120
    PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 219
    PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 235
    PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 352
    finished.

Probably thease warnings shouldn't be problem?

I'm not sure if I described my problem correctly.
    When I click on "Email" in header of ispconfig, I get on left side correct navigator "Email Accounts", and below "Domain, Domain Alias...", but the "main part" of windows remains (it doesn't show "Email Domain list".). I'm attaching screenshot - after login i have clicked Email...

Thanks for help.

Attached Files:

6. CSsab

CSsab New Member

7. matej

matej New Member

Ok, I hope that someone will have any idea what can I do to fix this problem.

8. CSsab

CSsab New Member

Did you fix your timezone?

9. matej

matej New Member

Yes I did. cron_daily.php gives no error. But "mail module" in ISP config still doesn't work.

10. CSsab

CSsab New Member

Can you please restart your services:
    /etc/init.d/postfix restart
    /etc/init.d/mysql restart
    /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

There are other things you can look at if this doesn't work.

11. matej

matej New Member

I have fixed it. It was my fault.
    I have added global alias /mail (to point into webmail interface) into apache config. And this broken ispconfig/mail part.

12. CSsab

CSsab New Member

Good you got it fixed :)