New To Linux Ubuntu: Need To Install Programs?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by MinWDPatterson, Oct 16, 2011.

1. MinWDPatterson

MinWDPatterson New Member

2. shankara

shankara New Member

Use software center

Dear friend,

Search in software center and if available install the required software from there. Open office is available in software center. Actually Libre office is available in Ubuntu by default. Libre office is same as Open office. You can use Libre office.

regards and happy computing.

3. MinWDPatterson

a Brief Note of Thanxs and addtnl Inquiry?

Dear shankara:

Thanks for your prompt reply to my query about installing programs on Linux Ubuntu. I will try this but I wanted to be sure that you understood I that after I have located and downloaded the proper applications how do I get them to install and or unpack? I am not comprehending the command sequencing routine. Does your method do it automatically? I will await your reply?

-Dell

4. MinWDPatterson

What about Wireless Adapter or Connecting Software?

Dear shankara:

Can I find the software for the wireless drivers and connectors in the same place that you referred me to also? does it install the same?

-Dell

5. MinWDPatterson

Help?: Cannot Connect Wireless!

Where do I get the drivers to make the Wireless connector work for Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04? I've upgraded since we last communicated about How To Install software for Hardy Heron 8.04.

Help?: Cannot Connect Wireless!