Eclipse 3.7 on Fedora 15

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ktech11, Oct 31, 2011.

1. ktech11

ktech11 New Member

I was wondering if anyone had found a repo that houses Eclipse 3.7. I am trying to create my dev environment on Fedora 15 as I prefer it over Ubuntu. I would love to have yum install it so I can have yum manage updates. I have found a way to do it via RPM, but I would prefer to have yum do it. Anyone have any ideas.

BTW yum install eclipse installs 3.6 which is Helios, I want Indigo.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. ktech11

ktech11 New Member

Thanks Falko. I was able to install it via a different walk through, but I don't know if I like it. http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/linux-install-eclipse-on-fedora-centos-red-hat-rhel/
    Basically, I manually created the executable and the launcher. I don't know if I like that because it won't automatically update, so I may try those RPMs. Thanks! By the way, I have a couple of things for the Perfect Desktop Fedora 15 for x86_64 if you want. I had to add some additional repositories to get a couple of other things installed (the google repositories specifically had to be changed) plus I had some font issues on the Mac I was installing it on, so I have some fixes for that if you are interested. I can write it up and send it to you if you want. (chances are you already have them/know them)