Disk Usage

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Amorphous, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Amorphous

Amorphous New Member

hello ia have a small problem concernig the disk usage... for the moment thr isp monitor looks like this:

Filesystem Type Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/vg_s1-lv_root
    ext4 50G 15G 33G 31% /
    tmpfs tmpfs 7.8G 0 7.8G 0% /dev/shm
    /dev/md127p1 ext4 485M 49M 411M 11% /boot
    /dev/mapper/vg_s1-lv_home
    ext4 1.8T 1.8G 1.7T 1% /home

everithing i have inside the var/www/ is directed to root mapper...
    wasn t this supposed to be in to the home device ???
    for the moment i have inside the /home directory only 2 users with some gaming servers .....

am i forced to change the sites and ftp install directives into the home directory in order to fill /dev/mapper/vg_s1-lv_home instead of root ???

are there any settings i need to make in Centos so the disk used will be /dev/mapper/vg_s1-lv_home ??

thank you

2. zzz

zzz New Member

mount is the answer :)

Hi.

Just to make sure I understand your problem correctly:

You have /var/www on your 50 GB large root partition and instead you want it on the 2TB large one, correct?

If so, that shouldn't be a problem. The shell command you are looking for is mount .

You can create a new directory (say "/home/www") on the 2TB partition, then use something like "mount --bind olddir newdir" (OR --rbind OR --move) to "redirect" /home/www to /var/www.

Also, I'd suggest you move your data from /var/www to /home/www first and only then use mount on empty /var/www. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to (easily) access the data there. If you need to take the changes back, use umount.

Good luck.

3. Amorphous

Amorphous New Member

thank you very much for the reply that s exactky what i will do, i will bind vae/www to home/www to avoid any other changes in the directoryes, i already have bussiness clients that i don`t think will want to wait any changes i want to make from now on :)
    thank you very much for the suggestion.

4. zzz

zzz New Member

Good luck. And make backups, they usually pay off ;)