Retrieving data from remoting API without IDs

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by edispah, Nov 9, 2011.

1. edispah

edispah New Member

If I want to retrieve, for example, a mail user using the remoting API but I do not know its ID in the database is there a way I can get it?

I know that when I call mail_user_add it returns the new ID and that I can pass this when I call mail_user_get but without storing a list of these IDs myself I can't then access/update the mail users in the future. Also, even if I did store these IDs myself I wouldn't be able to access mail users that had been added separately through the ISPConfig front end.

What I need is a function similar to dns_zone_get_by_user which returns a list of zones and their IDs for a particular client. Does something similar exist for mail users?

It would be useful to have such functions for all of the different configuration elements, not just mail users.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I've planned to add such functions to the API in the future.

3. edispah

edispah New Member

Thanks very much for your swift response.

Great work on the API as well - it is looking really good and I like the interface a lot. It is clean, easy to use and powerful.

Out of interest - is there an approximate time scale for these updates?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I cant give you an estimate yet. But if you require some of these functions and are able to add them in the remoting.inc.php file, then it would be great if you could contribute them. The should be very similar to dns_zone_get_by_user, just that other table and field names are used in the query inside the function.