Updating to 3.0.4 failures

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by maxeaves, Nov 12, 2011.

1. maxeaves

maxeaves New Member

Hello Till & co,

I've had a quick flick through my manual for ISPConfig - and I want to update to 3.0.4, but as I've changed my root mysql password, it all seems to be going rather **** up for me, and I'm chasing php scripts all over the place to try and see where the updater looks for the root password to update the system.

Error is: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    Checking ISPConfig database .. mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    OK
    PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 78
    PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php on line 127
    PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php on line 127

Thanks

Max

2. stone1555

stone1555 New Member

I just posted this somewhere else, but check this file:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

and make sure your info is correct there.

It has your mysql db info if that's what your looking for.

3. maxeaves

maxeaves New Member

Thanks for that; got the system up and running....next to try and figure out why Dovecot has now got itself all in a flap!

4. stone1555

stone1555 New Member

Np, glad your back up and running.