Create 1st Website on Linux Centos 6.0 with ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rewards, Nov 27, 2011.

1. rewards

rewards New Member

Hello all,

I have a linux box Centos 6.0. It has been configured to have ISPConfig 3 installed. Now I want to install my website script on the system but I don't know which folder should I use to upload the script? Before ISPConfig 3, I used to upload the script to /var/www/html. I used to configure httpd.conf and would put the info like this at the end of the httpd.conf;

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html
    ServerName example
    </VirtualHost>

After that I would open a browser and put IP address for example 192.168.0.101/install and install the script, but with ISConfig I cannot do this way. Does anyone know how to install the script this way? Thank you all

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First you have to create the website in ISPConfig, ispconfig will then create all required folders and configuration files. Then create a ftp user in ispconfig, connect with this ftp user to the server and upload your website to the "web" folder that you see in your FTP client. To access the website, use the Domain name of the site and not the IP address. If you have not registered the domain yet, then see here: http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contr...ess-a-namebased-website-without-a-dns-record/

3. rewards

rewards New Member

Hello,

That is my dilemma. How do I create a website in ISPConfig? In fact I don't need to create it from scratch. I have the script already. I don't know where to upload it and how install it using ISPConfig?

4. till

Follow the steps that I posted above one by one, the steps are the description to upload a existing website to ispconfig.

5. rewards

rewards New Member

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What other links? :confused:

7. rewards

rewards New Member

Hello,

Thank you for all your feedback. I have installed ISPConfig and it is up and running. My problem is that i don't know where to upload the site script and installed it and how to install it? Do I use the ISPConfig cpanel, firefox internet explorer to install the script etc. The ISPConfig site link option and under option I see this path;

/var/www/clients/client0/web1/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web1/tmp:/var/www/example.com/web:/srv/www/example.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin. The links sent by Till has broad information and I need something simple and straight forward especially since this is my 1st time installing and loading a website through ISPConfig and I am not very familiar with this. Any other suggestions? Thank you again.

8. falko

Create an FTP user for the website and then connect to your website with an FTP client (such as FileZilla) and upload your files to the web folder. Then follow the installation instructions provided by the developers of the app you want to install.

9. rewards

rewards New Member

Thank you Falko for your response. My problem is what path to the web folder? You mean this path /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web? or this /var/www/example.com/web etc? I uploaded the script once to this path /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web and when I opened the browser to install, the browser still took me to the ISPConfig Welcome to your Site page and it did not take me to the area where I can start installing the web script. Thank you again

10. falko

When you log in with an FTP client, you will see a folder called "web". That's where you have to upload your files.

11. rewards

rewards New Member

Hi Falko,

Thank you for your feedback. My problem comes one after another :(. Now when I try to connect to FTP server I get error message saying;

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
    Response: 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
    Response: 220-Local time is now 10:00. Server port: 21.
    Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
    Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
    Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
    Command: USER falko
    Response: 331 User falko OK. Password required
    Command: PASS *****
    Response: 530 Login authentication failed
    Error: Critical error
    Error: Could not connect to server

I know you mentioned here http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-6.0-x86_64-ispconfig-3-p5

Finally restart PureFTPd:

/etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart

That's it. You can now try to connect using your FTP client; however, you should configure your FTP client to use TLS.

How do I configure FTP client to use TLS? I am using Filezilla to connect.

12. falko

Did you try both active and passive transfers in your FTP client? Are you sure that the FTP username is correct?

13. rewards

rewards New Member

Hi Falko,

The user name is falko and password is falko. In fact I created another user called joe with password of joe123 and joe cannot login either;

Response: 220-Local time is now 10:20. Server port: 21.
    Command: USER joe
    Response: 331 User joe OK. Password required
    Command: PASS ******

And here is the messages;

[root@server1 ~]#cat /var/log/messages

Dec 6 10:20:40 server1 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from 192.168.0.199
    Dec 6 10:20:44 server1 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [WARNING] Authentication failed for user [joe]
    Dec 6 10:20:44 server1 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] Logout.
    Dec 6 10:20:53 server1 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from 192.168.0.199
    Dec 6 10:20:56 server1 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [WARNING] Authentication failed for user [joe]
    Dec 6 10:20:56 server1 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] Logout.
    [root@server1 ~]#

14. falko

Did you create the FTP accounts in ISPConfig? Because normally FTP usernames look a bit different (you can find the correct username in the FTP user listview).

15. rewards

rewards New Member

Yes I did.

There are two users. One joe with joe123 password and one falko with falko password. Where can I find FTP user listview? On ISPConfig manual?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  16. falko

Under Sites > FTP in ISPConfig.

17. rewards

rewards New Member

Hi Falko,

Thank you for all your responses. On ISPConfig, Site, FTP user, I created a FTP user called falko with falko password. On Filezilla, Site manager, I created a site called falko. The host IP address is the server IP address 192.168.0.174. Protocol is SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol. Logon type is normal. User name is falko and password is falko. Now I can connect with falko user. I connect to falko home directory which is /home/directory. But under the ISPConfig FTP user, falko has /var/www/clients/client0/web1 as a home directory. For the opessl and TLS part I did these commands;

[root@server1 private]# openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 7300 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /etc/ssl/private/pure-ftpd.pem -out /etc/ssl/private/pure-ftpd.pem
    Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
    .+++
    ...................+++
    writing new private key to '/etc/ssl/private/pure-ftpd.pem'
    -----
    You are about to be asked to enter information that will be incorporated
    into your certificate request.
    What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a DN.
    There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank
    For some fields there will be a default value,
    If you enter '.', the field will be left blank.
    -----
    Country Name (2 letter code) [XX]:US
    State or Province Name (full name) []:
    Locality Name (eg, city) [Default City]:
    Organization Name (eg, company) [Default Company Ltd]:example
    Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:IT
    Common Name (eg, your name or your server's hostname) []:server1.example.com
    Email Address []:[email protected]

[root@server1 private]# chmod 600 /etc/ssl/private/pure-ftpd.pem

Now I am not to retrieve data nor upload data to that directory. Here is the message;

Command: cd "web1"
    Error: Directory /var/www/clients/client0/web1: permission denied
    Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

Do I have to do something else to make the /var/www/clients/client0/web1 falko's directory? I thought ISPConfig should automatically take care of this and the permission for FTP user. Maybe I missed something. Thank you again.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  18. falko

Did you check if the user name is correct? I almost bet it's not falko, but rather something like c0_falko, c1_falko, etc.

19. rewards

rewards New Member

Hi Falko,

I had too many problems and I decided to reinstall everything one more time from scratch. Now I have both FTP connect problem and access phpmyadmin through the browser.. 1- I created a FTP user in ISPconfig called fox and password is fox123. I checked both for username and password and both are ok. Here is the message I get when I login using filezilla;

Response: 220-Local time is now 23:02. Server port: 21.
    Command: AUTH TLS
    Response: 234 AUTH TLS OK.
    Command: USER fox
    Response: 331 User fox OK. Password required
    Command: PASS ******

The 2nd problem I am encountering after I installed phpmyadmin, I was able to connect 192.168.0.174/phpmyadmin. After the installation was complete for the perfect server centos 6, I am able to connect https://192.168.0.174:8080 I also can connect to 192.168.0.174/webmail but I cannot connect to 192.168.0.174/phpmyadmin. The browser page goes to connection time out. When I login tp mysql I can see the database dbispconfig etc. Is it supposed to be like this?

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  20. till

Regarding the ftplogin: it is unlikely that the username is fox as every ftp user has a prefix and you have to use the full ftp username incl. prefix for login. Check the ftp user list in ispconfig, the full username is displayed there.