Ubuntu 11.10 SpamSnake

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by xalfeiran, Dec 7, 2011.

1. xalfeiran

xalfeiran New Member

Hi

I followed the SpamSnake How-To (great work btw). But now i found that several mails (that are clearly not spam) are shown in the baruwa page marked as spam. Most of them are send through Outlook from a dynamic IP (ADSL ISP provider), so Spamassassin marked them as spam, here´s an example:

Recieved via:
    IP address Hostname Country
    192.168.2.254 RFC1918 Private address
    189.151.94.62 dsl-189-151-94-62-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx mx Mexico

Spamassassin Report:
    Score Rule Description
    1.34 DYN_RDNS_AND_INLINE_IMAGE Contains image, and was sent by dynamic rDNS
    0.00 DYN_RDNS_SHORT_HELO_HTML Sent by dynamic rDNS, short HELO, and HTML
    2.52 DYN_RDNS_SHORT_HELO_IMAGE Short HELO string, dynamic rDNS, inline image
    0.00 FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1
    0.00 HELO_NO_DOMAIN Relay reports its domain incorrectly
    0.00 HTML_MESSAGE HTML included in message
    0.00 LOTS_OF_MONEY
    1.64 RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT
    3.56 RCVD_IN_PBL Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
    0.00 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address
    0.72 RCVD_IN_XBL Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL
    0.36 RDNS_DYNAMIC Delivered to internal network by host with dynamic-looking rDNS
    0.16 SHORT_HELO_AND_INLINE_IMAGE
    1.62 SUBJ_ALL_CAPS Subject is all capitals
    0.01 T_DOS_OUTLOOK_TO_MX_IMAGE Direct to MX with Outlook headers and an image
    0.01 T_RCVD_IN_SEMBLACK Received from an IP listed in bl.spameatingmonkey.net

Is there a way to modify the spamassassin rules that apply? following the Spamsnake How-to i override the standar set of rules of SA and setup DCC and baruwa to control it, so i'm kind of lost now.

hope any of you guys can help me with this.

Thanks!

Xavier Alfeiran

2. grasko

grasko New Member

I have same problem.I am getting many mails every day and i would like to set some filters but don't know how

3. topdog

topdog Active Member

Are you saying you do not want that type of message identified as spam ? Why is the sender of the message not using his or her ISP's SMTP server instead of sending messages directly, most messages sent from dynamic addresses is SPAM that is why those addresses are in the RBL's, putting in rule modifications that allow this kind of mail would simply cause you more grief than benefit.

4. xalfeiran

xalfeiran New Member

Lets just say that many of my mail users works from outside my corporate network (thats why the dynamic IP) so I want to change the weight of this spamassassin rules (not that i want to override them), maybe I explained it wrong.

Thanks!

5. Rocky

Rocky Member

Have you tried training?