Multi-server setup

Discussion in 'General' started by chume, Dec 20, 2011.

1. chume

chume Member

After upgrading from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4.1, I noticed that changes made on the master server are not propagated to the slave.
    Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you install the update on the master and all slave servers so that all servers in the cluster jhave the same version?

3. bruno_floyd

bruno_floyd New Member

Take a look at the job queue, maybe there is something stuck there preventing others things from being propagated

4. fredol

fredol New Member

Hi all

In this case (multi server setup) do I have to upgrade master or slaves first ?

Thanks for your help

Fredol

5. bruno_floyd

bruno_floyd New Member

I did an upgrade, first on master and then on slaves.

6. chume

chume Member

Thank you Till for responding.

I built a new master server with version 3.0.4.1 and then moved an existing slave to new master doing 3.0.4.1 on the slave. The slave is running postfix and dovecot only; now the new master is not propagating changes to the slave.

The slave server is showing in the new master except that the changes made on the new master do not reflect on the slave server.

I appreciate any help I can get to resolve this problem.

7. till

1) Enable loglevel debug for the slave in the ispconfig interface of the master server.
    2) Run this command on the shell of the slave as root user and post the output:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

8. chume

chume Member

Thank you again Till for responding.

Below is the first line of the error log:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  9. chume

chume Member

Hi Till:

The login field in the mail_user table in the master and slave are placed in different position:

Slave server:
    So what will be the best way to reposition the login field?

Thank you again Till.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  10. chume

chume Member

I will just attempt to reorder the TABLE columns in the slave server and see if it will resolve the problem.

11. chume

chume Member

Could the configuration below affect upgrading a slave server?
    During upgrade, the root and password of the master server are required.
    So what happens if remote access to the master server mysql root is disabled?

12. till

The update will fail and the slave server might not be able to communicate with the master as it could not update the permissions of its ispcsrv user..

The multiserver setup guide instructed you to create new root user records that are only accessible from the slave, the above settings is for a global wirldcard root access and not the records from the ispconfig multiserver setup.

13. till

Please dont do that. The field order does not matter in a mysql database.

14. till

The error indicates that the slave server has not been updated to ispconfig 3.0.4 or 3.0.4.1 yet.

15. chume

chume Member

Good morning Till:

I did not recall creating a new root record during master server setup.
    How can I create this new root record now?

Thank you.

16. till

17. chume

chume Member

Thank you Till for all your efforts and contribution to this wonderful software.

I have a root user setup in the master server but I still get the error below:

What else can I do to resolve this issue.

18. till

Is the root password for the local mysql server correct in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf on the slave?

19. chume

chume Member

As always I thank you Till.

I decided to run /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh command and got the error below:

20. till

Thats ok and not a problem. seems just as if the iptables command on your system does not support the -S switch. But thats uncritical.