Multi-server setup PHPMYADMIN not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kinsol, Jan 17, 2012.

1. kinsol

kinsol New Member

We have just completed the installation of ISPCONFIG 3 on Debian Squeeze with the following config:

1 VM with Web/Mail servers (Master ISPCONFIG server)
    1 VM with mySQL

We are able to create and edit databases on the mysql server, but when we access phpmyadmin from the master ispconfig server we get a login error (as if it is trying to connect to the the local mysql instance used for dbispconfig).

Any guess?

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Go to System > Interface config in ISPConfig and set the URL to the phpmyadmin which is installed on your mysql server.

If no phpmyadmin is installed on the mysql server, then edit the phpmyadmin config.inc.php file on the webserver instead to point phpmyadmin to the mysql server instead of localhost.

3. kinsol

kinsol New Member

Thanks for the prompt reply!

My mysql server doesn't have a public IP address therefore changing the config file would be the best thing.

However in order to be able to use phpmyadmin for both server and also for future clustered mysql server I would like to be able to use this phpmyadmin to access all server...

I have seen some info around on editing the phpmyadmin config file for multiserver setups but not really confident on editing it.

can you give me a sample?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The phpmyadmin config.inc.php file can contain more then one ser er section where each section is repeated and the $i variable is incremented for each section. I dont have a complete example at hand, but you will find more detailed instructions in the phpmyadmin documentation:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/docs.php

5. themrkys

themrkys New Member

Best practice

Is the best practice to have PHP my admin on each mysql instance or one php my admin on the ispconfig master server?

6. Horfic

Horfic Member